|
Author Topic:   Camera Mod Pack
Kevlar
posted April 05, 2002 10:04 AM            
I am making a mod pack, so to speak, for filming games. Basically a completely clear heads up display with very little text obstructions.

But I have ran into a few problems that I know some of you mod pack makers may know about.

I know how to remove text from the hud like the press fire message, through the lines.txt. I have also already removed the Death/Kill/Health icons from the screen. I have also removed the so-and-so destroyed so-and-so with a whatever. Because this is not important while filming. I would like only the normal chat messages and radar can stay.

There are two things I have not figured out.

1) The light gray transparent blocks at the top and left sides which are the background for the Death/Kill/Health icons, and the clock at the top. I have not found this image file anywhere. It may be a texture in the art folder like grey.bmp or something.

2) The actual frag count/death count/heath text still ticks away during the game. Even though I have removed relevent lines in the lines.txt

If you edit the fonts bmp's to be completely transparent, it fixes that, but then, you get no chat messages what so ever and I would not know if someone was talking to me. And player names disappear too. Also with this method you have to be clairvoyant to work the main menu.

I basically want a display with only chat and radar, for filming. Any suggestions would be helpful.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 05, 2002 10:08 AM            
Not sure about (1)

(2): TMDIR\Local\English\Lines.txt
Make every line in there you don't want to show up just spaces. Its in "Tank Death Messages" and "Status Message" sections you need to make the changes.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 05, 2002 11:19 AM            
As I was saying I made the relevent changes to the lines file by putting spaces but this does not stop the frag count health and ammo count even though the %s (string) is removed also.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 05, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 05, 2002 11:38 AM            
You could always make a blank Font bmp file

I know there are a few that know a lot more about the HUD then I do though...

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 05, 2002 01:27 PM            
I did that already...
Above, when I said it removes the chat lines too. I would not know if someone was talking to me and it also removes tank name. So that works but has major drawbacks.

Especially since it make the menu font disappear, you have to click where you think the text is. And I actually managed to get a game going like that, but no chat/tank names.

I'll keep trying.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 05, 2002 05:29 PM            
Did anyone ever come up with an invisible tank? Or that camera tank idea?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 05, 2002 05:31 PM            
I think Bam made an invisible tank for his soccer mod.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Vlad
posted April 05, 2002 05:50 PM            
An invisible tank shouldn't be too hard. Fade = 0 may even do it.

Or you could set it up similar to the warbird, where it gets an invisible weapon to cloak itself.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 05, 2002 06:09 PM            
For an inviso tank just use JV's WARBIRD in stealth mode, set the ent to read a flag with no texture and set the pole texture to a blank file too. To avoid getting knocked around set the tanks weight to emmense and the speed/accell/hull very very high.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 05, 2002 07:51 PM            
Cool I will try that.

IP:

Sage
posted April 08, 2002 08:20 AM            
Actually, I made a tank that becomes invisable in water(Literally). The only thing you can see is the flag.

------------------
A clear blue sky, as we start the day, burning metal shows us are way. Screaming nukes pass are ears, as we protect he ones we hold dear. It is not a game we play, so real and hard, as I frag your tank it becomes charred. For the love of this, I will show, blasting my opponents, the only way I know. To live, is not to be fragged, but I still hate that darn lag. For it may seem easy to some and hard to others, with all my love, I call you my brothers.

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 10, 2002 12:49 PM            
re:
I know how to remove text from the hud like the press fire message, through the lines.txt.

==> Will you PLEASE share what you did to remove that with all of us please [well with me] I too would like to remoce that message...

re:
I have also removed the so-and-so destroyed so-and-so with a whatever. Because this is not important while filming.

==> I have been asking around on this message board, in other subject threads for the answer to "How Do You Do That" and would love it if you would be kind enough to take time to explain to me, and all who reads it, just how you went about removing the so and so killed so and so scrolling text from the game...?

Please... ?

If you do not want to post it to the board, would you be kind enough to send me your step by step approach privately? you can send the mail to gymart@gymart.com
thank you
Jim Nasium www.gymart.com

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 10, 2002 02:17 PM            
re:
I have also removed the so-and-so destroyed so-and-so with a whatever. Because this is not important while filming.

==> I have been asking around on this message board, in other subject threads for the answer to "How Do You Do That" and would love it if you would be kind enough to take time to explain to me, and all who reads it, just how you went about removing the so and so killed so and so scrolling text from the game...?

Please... ?
jn www.gymart.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 10, 2002 08:12 PM            
any ents or text files can be simply edited with notepad dude.

the pictures n stuff, just fill em all in black in a paint package n click SAVE.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 08:01 PM            
Problem easily solveable, Now, I think theres an easy with to fix this Kevlar, In the ENT files there something called Sabot.ent in the Tankgod area Look in there, all those status windows...etc WELL, I think if you take them and give them - numbers for at least the x or y then they'll still be there, just off screen NOW, your next problem, if your playing online... the file will be synched when you get onto a server LOL Or if your hosting the server people will suddenly loose their counters lol

IP: