|
Author Topic:   Missing Weapons/maps???
LumiStar
posted March 31, 2002 08:44 PM            
Question- did LDA drop the following weapons/maps from one demo version to another?

WPN:
Mass Driver
Nuke
Matter Bomb
Shadow
Wasps

Maps:
Cant think of them now-
all i know is that the demo i used to have on my laptop comp had 3 maps and now theres only one (the ramp)

Did i get an early version demo or something? The file in question is named Tread Marks 1.6.exe and is 42,134,886 bytes long

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 31, 2002 09:11 PM            
Nuke, Shadow, Matter have never been in the demo.

The maps were decreased from 3 to 1 in the latest demo released (about a year old now).

The tanks were decreased from 3 to 1 also in the latest demo released.

I don't know if the Mass and Wasps were removed or not - I've never paid attention to the demos much...

Demo versions:
Demo 1.1: Jan 2000. 3 Maps, 3 Tanks. Multiplayer.
Demo 1.5: Oct? 2001. 3 Maps, 3 Tanks. No Multiplayer.
Demo 1.6: May? 2001. 1 Map, 1 Tank. No Multiplayer.

There is no expected increase in abilities of the demos. The reason for the change is it was found too many people were getting the demos and never purchasing the full game.

----------------

Just go buy the full version - its not that expensive

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 31, 2002 09:11 PM            
The newest demo has only one map and 2 tanks and lacking the weapons you mentioned. Only because no one was buying the full version.

EDIT:
Sorry RC we posted at the same time. But I think u get Destroyer and Falcon tanks not sure about the weapons either.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited March 31, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 31, 2002 10:12 PM            
Under the 1.01 demo, it did have all the standard weapons including the nuke, flower power, cruise missle, and the shadow.

Subsequent releases up to version 1.6 Demo , AFAIK--the nukes, cruise missle, wasps, flamer, mass driver, and the shadow were removed.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 31, 2002 10:19 PM            
1.01 demo did not have Nuke, Matter, and Shadow. The 1Beta2 DID have Nuke and Matter though, but not Flamer or Mass driver. I know LDA removed the high end weapons from the demos...though I only used 1.01 demo for about 2 weeks before getting the 1.01 full CDs.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 31, 2002 10:21 PM            
RC...I still have the 1.01 demo right in front of me...and it does have the nukes and shadow in it...really!!!

I could send you the 1.01 demo installer if you want me to. That's what really hooked me into getting the game about 2 weeks later after I was able to find it at the local Army post.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 31, 2002 10:48 PM            
Hmmm...odd. I was under the impression that LDA didn't include the 3 powerful weapons. Maybe there was more then 1 version of the 1.0x demo released before the 1.5 demo came out. But I don't recall that.

I do remember that the 1.01 demo had bug fixes that never made it into TM1.0 becuase TM1.0 was burned the day before I figured out what was causing the bug (not a new bug...no one had been able to duplicated it - if you recall from the betas for anyone here, the floating trees bug )

IP:

Vlad
posted April 01, 2002 07:07 AM            
The first version of TM that I played was the 1.0.1 demo, and I can say for sure that it had all the weapons. The only difference between 1.0.1 demo and 1.0.1 full was the number of tanks and maps.

IP:

LumiStar
posted April 04, 2002 03:17 PM            
BamZipPow, it DID have the nukes and stuff in it, i remember using them :P.. picking up the nuke - big booming voice "You got the nuke" Matter Bomb "Flower Power".. i miss the nuke explosion :P

Anyhow, BamZipPow, can you send me the 1.01 demo or tell me where on earth to get it?
I promised someone that i would get them a demo and i told them about the nukes/mbombs.. big mistake lol
Anyhow i would really appreciate it bamzip
-------
My love, my dreams, and you.
I won't let those things go, no matter what

IP:

Vlad
posted April 04, 2002 03:28 PM            
Well, Paranor's got his demo server set up to allow all the missing demo weapons to appear, so if your friend gets the demo and plays on his server, they'll be able to access all the weapons.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 04, 2002 04:29 PM            
Doesn't work that way Vlad becuase entity syncing is set off in the demos. That means unless the client has the weapon in the version the server does, the client will see something different (or nothing at all).

LumiStar: just get the full game

--RC

IP:

Teulk
posted April 04, 2002 04:48 PM            
Yeah, it's been a drag only listening about all these weapons/tanks that are not available on the demo...just ordered the full version, and biting my nails waiting for it to arrive..then ( hopefully) I can join up and play for real!!

IP:

Vlad
posted April 04, 2002 05:19 PM            
RC: Actually, it does work. A few months ago, Weatherman set up a sort of mod teaser demo server, to show the demo players what kind of wacky server-side mods could be made with TM, and it worked perfectly (as long as no extra tank meshes or textures were called).

Not only that, but I've played on the demo server recently, when there were no full ver people online, and I've seen demo players run towards nukes and mass drivers, so they've got to be able to see them.

IP:

A2597
posted April 05, 2002 10:47 PM            
hehe, yea, 1.01 demo DOES have the nuke, Flower Power, and shadow.the 1.5 demo...well...mine anyway, does as well.
it actually had about 90 weapons....ROTFLMAO!
You CAN mod it, add weapons, no new maps and such. it was a fluke I figured it out, and no, I'm NOT saying. It was an accident though. hehe

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 05, 2002 11:05 PM            
Oh - I know you can mod it A2597, but LDA specifically dissabled the Ent Syncing in Demo1.01. I do not know if they left it disabled in future versions or not...based on what Vlad says, I guess they didn't...

IP:

LumiStar
posted April 06, 2002 04:29 PM            
Hehe dont worry- i plan on buying the full game as soon as i get the $$$ necessary to do it. (Hey im just a kid here- i dont make as much as you guys :P)

---------
End of line

.. No wait i said END of line

END OF LINE ALREADY!

(thank you)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 06, 2002 06:09 PM            
Please, most of us are college students and we make less then kids. I have to go around to seminars and parties just to catch a free meal.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted April 06, 2002 07:12 PM            
I'm with you on that Coax...also, I eas just on the demo server, and someone ( I think it was HUT or Kong) may have been "chatting " with me, however, I didn't know how to respond..is there a special command for the chat control?? I still ony have the demo version ( although I just ordered the full version) so seeing all the extra weapons on the demo server was a real "blast"..yuk yuk. ( kill myself---actually I did a couple of times)..I'm really looking forward to the full version.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 06, 2002 07:25 PM            
To chat with the other players, press Enter or "T". Type yer message in and press Enter to send. That's all it takes...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 06, 2002 08:32 PM            
Be glad to have ya join up Teulk m8 always wanted a Pharmacutical Engineer in the ranks

HHHHAAAa - LumiStar
thinks hes the MCP from TRON, Cool. Did you guys know thaey are making a new TRON film - "Tron v2.0" due out next year ands all cg sweet.

IP:

LumiStar
posted April 06, 2002 08:49 PM            
LOL Pardon my over use of MCP-ism on that sig line there.. i just got sick of that tag i was using from outlaw star.

(P.S. I wondered how many people were going to recognize that)

----
Do you want a free copy of Tread Marks? If so, hit ALT-F4 now to go to the download site!

IP:

Teulk
posted April 06, 2002 08:59 PM            
I heard about the Tron II coming out, sounds like it should be interest to see how they catch up on the tech jumps since then

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 06, 2002 11:26 PM            
http://www.tron-movie.com/2.0/index.htm for those interested

------------------

code:
       '\
_\______
/ \========
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"
:)this tank needs a party:)

IP:

Paranor
posted April 07, 2002 10:37 AM            
YES! TRON 2.0!

My kid, who's 9, thinks TRON is the coolest movie.

IP: