|
Author Topic:   New Map
Sailor
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 12:34 AM            
A new map has been posted on TMMaps made by Random Chaos. It is called Mt. St Helens and is made from a DEM file of the real Mt. St Helens with minor modifications. It has spewers like a volcano and is surrounded by corrosive water. This is one you will want to get. It is a great map for a DM and shows yet another great job by RC. Grab it and enjoy.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 28, 2002 04:37 AM         
Wow - you mapmakers are not going to stop supplying us with new goodies, are you?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 28, 2002 09:02 AM            
Comments on my map:
I've been wanting to make DEM based maps for a while...I just need to find a batch of conducive landforms to them

And since Sailor didn't give a link to his site
http://tmmaps.tripod.com/

---------------------
Dreamer: Nope...

Now just trying to come up with yet another idea for a map.

I think the most dynamic maps are 3 team CTF maps. 4 Team takes too many players and results in the DM aspect outwaying the flag capping aspect. 3 Team is well balenced and pulls away from the monotony of 2 team maps...

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited March 28, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 28, 2002 09:56 AM            
Dang RC, Just tested the Mt St. Helens map... you are definitely the map spewer king!

I just added yours and coax's to the master pack. Also available thru the tmmaps site.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 28, 2002 12:02 PM            
Hey RC!
A while ago I was buidling a tank game and needed DEMs. Check this site out:

http://edc.usgs.gov/glis/hyper/guide/1_dgr_demfig/states.html

somwhere on this site you can order the 5 CD set of DEMs covering the entire world down to 100 Sq Meters. Best thing is it's free.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 06:30 PM            
Gotta add that url to my sig. Thanks RC.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 28, 2002 10:05 PM            
well...5cds I'd have to pay for. I prefer free things when looking for DEM's

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 29, 2002 12:39 AM            
How does this look in the sig.

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

peeeto
posted March 29, 2002 09:21 AM         
thanks for the link, KiLlEr - i'm always looking for free GIS data...

for those who are interested in using DEMS, keep in mind that there are a few different types: 1-Degree DEMs (1:250,000 scale) and 7.5-Minute DEMs (1:24,000 ?). the 7.5-Minute are more detailed (the data spacing is 30meters by 30meters, where the data spacing for the 1-Degree maps is much larger...

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 31, 2002 06:26 PM            
I won't be releasing any new maps for a while. All my map making time is being filled making maps for A2597's TM Gropos B5 mod.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 31, 2002 06:30 PM            
Feel like giving everyone a sample of whats yet to come

(Image may only be there for a few weeks after posting this message - I don't technically own that site but I have full access, and my site doesn't allow offsite img links )

IP: