|
Author Topic:   Terra Creek map !!!!!!!!!!!!
Irascible
posted March 19, 2002 03:54 AM            
VERY COOL STUFF MATRIX!

You asked for feedback on another thread. But I didn't want to resurrect it for obvious reasons. It is so cool. The detail on the Earth is awesome. And the Battlezone buildings... you've reminded me of how cool BZ1 was. I think I need to load that sucker up again. Anywho, I wonder if LDA could put maps like that in their rotation. Even with their enhanced rotation, it still fees like the same old stuff.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 19, 2002 12:25 PM            
I do not know if Jim would consider it, but I have asked him to look at some of the user made maps and maybe if we ask him nicely he would consider adding some of them. I know I do not have any objections to LDA using any maps I have made (since I built them for their game). Anyone else object to LDA using any maps they have made? Kong, RC, Matrix, Kevlar, A2597, Sage, KiLler, Dreamer, Noper (may not read this, but has been around lately) and last but not least that prolific modder JVortex? If no objections then let's ask - Jim could we have some user made maps added onto the LDA server and I will make this simple - your choice no voting by the community (it is your server afterall). Let us know your thoughts about this suggestion. Thanks - The TM Community (though I speak only for myself here).

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 19, 2002 12:46 PM            
Thx for the good feedback ras, the building s are only a small sample of what i have access to I have all the bz2 stuff as well :P

FYI all thats left in bz1 is kids, hackers, chatflooders and idiots.. very few good players anymore.

but if you do load it up, goto www.dnxworld.com and click on dnx clanpage; in there goto the projects link (left menu) and in there you will find our 1.8 patch its essentially a bz mod but its way awesome far better than anything thats come before it, but because of fickkle ppl it never really took over from 1.4 - a shame really cos it rocks bigstyle, and it took 8 - 10 months to make, already we are working on the 2.0 update and a mechwarrior mod for it. Ill keep you updated on that if youre interested.

In addition, dx (a well known modder in bz circles and part of the dnx bz/tm mod team) is bringing a full bz2 into bz1 mod - soon, oh and yes theres a working stargate in there from the tv show - i oughta know, i skinned it lol...

If youre interested ill send some pictures your way or put some up here.

But bz 1.4 as a standard stock game - nah its all but dead - lamers and cheeters everywhere you look.

IP:

Paranor
posted March 19, 2002 08:23 PM            
I'll host servers with your maps. Just let me know which maps. It's hard for me to set it up because THERE ARE TOO MANY NICE MAPS!

IP:

Irascible
posted March 20, 2002 02:23 AM            
Yes there's plenty of nice ones. But you should put in the really cool ones. If you need any other useless tips, I'll be here all week.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 20, 2002 02:30 AM            
U R right. 1.8 is good. I was never into online gaming until TM about 6 months ago. I never even knew 1.8 existed. I didn't even know of the expansion pack! (pulls out credit card in anticipation...) Of course I couldn't get it to run right. I never actually tried BZ under XP. I may do a dual boot just to see if that's the problem.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 20, 2002 08:00 AM            
the problem is that bz hates xp, or to be more specific the activenet protocol is basicly junk. when another xp user enters the lobby xp boots u out. there are ways to dampen the effects but dual boot is the best way.

IP:

A2597
posted March 20, 2002 11:01 AM            
*kicks self for forgetting to tell LAD something about TM maps*

Lets just say that the maps in the B5 mod will be somewhat....different. in a very good way.
(Hopes dearly no one else figures it out before the release of the b5 mod demo)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

A2597
posted March 20, 2002 11:22 AM            
Sends e-mail to LDA...with example.

Man...I hope they like it!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP: