|
Author Topic:   Patch
Grind_and_Click
posted March 17, 2002 10:21 PM            
i bileev all people in the comunity look down on spawn fragging (well all the ones that dont like to p*** people off anywaY)so like who else wants a patch that disables dethwish and makes u invincible for 5 or so seconds after spawning ..like..ereathrial so dirtballs e.t.c cant touch u and u can go through tanks to get out , and u can't fire but can still pik up weapons till its over

see the light!

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited March 17, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 17, 2002 10:25 PM            
...but what happens if you get stuck somewhere and you can't get out? How will you get out of that one if you can't deathwish? Like on the ice or moon map when you get slammed out to nowhere land and it would take you the entire game just to get back. I guess you could just change teams and then change back over, but that would a big hassle.

Still sounds like a good idea...just need to address those things.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 17, 2002 10:40 PM            
ok man! Good call on the 5 secs invincibility thingy and maybe there should b ways of, if it's not possible or feasible to disable the deathwish option, then to discourage people from using it!

Say things like taking 2 frags off for deathwishin instead of 1 or adding a death AND taking a frag off.

Just things like that, because it's not really often you're trapped beyond the point of getting out or blasted miles away. I know it might be a little irrelevant but the moon isn't played often anyway and seems to be stricken from the DDM map line-up so it wouldn't matter too much.

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 17, 2002 11:25 PM            
thats the spirit ,

make it official to so all servers run it , sept demo i guess

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 18, 2002 12:15 PM            
funny thing that Ni, good suggestion, in fact they implememntd just that in the 1.3 to 1.4 patch for battlezone. An eject (deathwish) removes 2 from your score, which is all well n good in theory, but what if you do find yourself stuck, is it right to loose 2 points to free yourself ? and since deaths dont really count in the overall scheme of things why would it really matter anyway.

I think the solution to this comes from race games where you can have a key to set you back on the flat at a random place, but even that could be used as a warp if in trouble. The tough bit is coming up with a system that cant be abused but works.

The 2 points off a positive score will work but its kinda unfair if you get stuck, thus will only work if theres another option to right yourself, other than that, may as well stay with what we have - the deathwish.

As for the spawn frag i agree 100%, a 5 second etherial mode (like when you die in race mode) to get your bearings and at least have a chance would be a welcome addition.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted March 19, 2002 05:24 AM            
Here is a suggestion for if you are stuck how about a mini spawn, you will be re-spawn a few feet/meters from your current position.
To prevent abused it can only be used if you are stationry and has a 5-10 second delay before activation.

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 19, 2002 11:12 AM            
or a mini pogo? yes all of these work for me

cmon we need some movement...any moder gona giv us there help!?!

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited March 19, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 19, 2002 11:18 AM            
I like the idea of mini-spawning, like hitting a couple of buttons and spawning in a slightly displaced position.

So would you lose a frag/gain a death?

But it might be abused if you use the delay-invincibility thing, if that's what you meant by the 5-10 sec activation delay!

Or do you mean like, when you're fragged and you have 5 seconds before re-joining the game?

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited March 19, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited March 19, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 22, 2002 01:06 PM            
bump

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 22, 2002 02:06 PM            
hows about a vertical KICK, available say 4 times in the game, nothing like pogo but enough to clear you of the hole your stuck in, that way theres no deathwish, no reason to die, loose or gain points and it wont be powerful enough to save you from harm if attacked, so it cant be abused, wouldnt be worth it

I dare say that such a move with assigned key would be an easy enough trick.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 22, 2002 05:24 PM            
YO GUYS, I haven't bothered reading rest of this page yet,,, WHY NOT JUST MAKE THE DEATHWISH TAKE 10 SECONDS TO GO OFF EH? Ya know what I mean, that way, if your trying to escape a fragging, it probley won't work. And if your trapped, Im sure you can wait 10 seconds if you really are trapped right?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 24, 2002 07:45 AM            
Well i do declare from the mouths of babes GA thats a cracking idea

So simple, so smart

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 24, 2002 08:34 AM            
that is a good idea?!?! so what about the 'rolling them up in a rug and tossing them into a river' idea?!?! or pig sackings? ah!! good job GA!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 24, 2002 06:36 PM            
im sure i sed somthing like the pogo thing eithre to NOI or stuff on MSN , and i agree thats an alright idea but has a flaw , your on fire , a guy on a hill sees you and starts comin after you you think pretty soon hes gona kill you so u hit dethwish , all ugota do is survive another 10 seconds ....its possible...i think replaceing dethwish with pogo is beter for me unles su can remedy what i just sed which i welcome anyone to do

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP: