|
Author Topic:   weapon ent parameter Q
Rex R
posted March 08, 2002 02:21 AM            
any one figure out the weapon ent parameter 'LockOn' (seems to be a)commented out b)requires a numeric entry)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 08, 2002 04:38 AM            
As far as I can tell, there aren't any calls for that command anywhere...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2002 07:56 AM            
im more interested in the "timewarp" cmd.....

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 08, 2002 03:00 PM            
TimeWarp = seconds to run physics at initialization time, to start streamer partly formed.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 09, 2002 09:03 AM            
Whoa wish we had a FULL Ent list (jim ?) I bet with a full list almost anythig is possible... thx 4 that answer BZP

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 09, 2002 03:23 PM         
Hmm... has anyone hacked up a blood (oil) mod for TM yet? But then again puddles don't work, do they? - at least not with correctly-coloured tread marks leading away from them. Might look pretty nice, tho. Well, I'll see what capabilities Java3D offers soon enough. Shame I won't be able to use any of LDA's textures or tanks.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 09, 2002 04:05 PM            
Jim doesn't have a full ent list - Tom does...its called the coding (and none other)!

When I was working on my entity list info, Jim was interested in getting a copy of it when I finished becuase there is no full record of every command (or at least there wasn't a year ago) - and most of the unfinished commands no one knows how they work. Seumas left almost no notes on TM.

IP:

swisher
posted March 09, 2002 07:52 PM            
There's a file called the Entity Entry Key (EEK.doc) and is in Word format. It lists nearly all entity words with a description of what they are used for.

I added it to the ENTegrety website on the downloads page. Get it here:
www.geocities.com/bwlswisher/entegrety/download.htm

Hope that helps.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2002 08:40 PM            
Hey Swisher,

I've come across a few commands that work in the config.cfg and dedicated.cfg files and aren't listed in the EEK file at all. Where should these be documented or should they be at all? Thanks...

IP:

Vlad
posted March 09, 2002 10:12 PM            
Well, stuff in the config files doesn't really fall under entity editing, seeing as config files... well, they just aren't ent files.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2002 10:55 PM            
Thanks Vlad, no problem. Just seemed like some of the commands I've come across will override some of the ent file calls. I'll build my own list and see what I can experiment with...

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 09, 2002 11:04 PM            
Well, I have had to use the eek quite a few times when ENTegrefying all those weapons. Mainly because of mispellings like ''transitory'' - ''transatory'' was common.

So anyway I have converted it to html (300kb) and posted it. Works great in IE and in the new Netscape v621 but older versions of Netscape usually choke of the Microsoft conversion code. It doesn't convert it to straight html it uses Microsoft'eese. I also linked it on the front page under community projects.
http://www.tm-central.com/eek/

PS: RC it must have the old terrain def page listed because the link is broken. If you give me the new one I will change it, if you like.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Rex R
posted March 10, 2002 01:26 AM            
the typo gremlin strikes again, mwahahahah.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 05:18 AM            
Is EEK suppose to be a completed list, because its not to difficult to find many "_____=" that are not in there?

Edit:

Kevlar: Here is the lik to RC's site http://treadmarks.cjb.net/

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

[This message has been edited by coax (edited March 10, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2002 01:45 PM            
So unless i read it wrong we should be asking for a full list from Tom right ?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 03:43 PM            
I like our list though

Maybe if we can get the list from TOM we can add the missing parts to the EEK?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

JVortex
posted March 15, 2002 01:08 AM            
no the EEK is far from complete. i started it as a collective of the txt files in the TM folders and added in the small bit of info that RC posted here on the board. i then later updated it and added in a few personal discoveries and elaborated on how to use a few commands. after that i never heard much back on it so i didnt think anyone was using it so i stopped work on it.

my personal theory on that LockOn param is that it will cause a projectile to continue tracking its original target even if another closer target presents itself. thats of course completely untested, but im gonna remain convinced that thats what it does anyhow .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 15, 2002 08:28 AM            
Getting a full list from Tom...good luck. He'd have to go pull all that data out of the code...its not writen anywhere else last I knew.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2002 02:22 PM            
Can't wait to see it. Been experimenting with some of the commands I "found". Like these:

tankblowexplo
turretblowexplo
TurretSpeedScale
BypassIntro

IP:

Vlad
posted March 15, 2002 02:51 PM            
Whoa, do any of them work?

How do you "find" stuff like that?

Please post any undocumented ent commands that you do find and what they do .

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2002 03:31 PM            
The Wonderful and Compelling Story So Far:

Once upon a time, a bunch of artificially intelligent self-aware battle tanks decided that they had seen enough silly human conflict for one silicon sentient lifetime, and that they would all run off into the woods and have silly robot conflicts for a change.

Somewhere along the line, one of the tanks suggested they should try racing around off-road race courses with large amounts of live ammunition strewn about.

And there was much rejoicing.

(Hoody Hoo!)

And they lived happily ever after.

The End.

The Credits
Tread Marks was developed by Longbow Digital Arts, Inc.
Copyright 1999-2000, All Rights Reserved.
http://www.LongbowDigitalArts.com/

Seumas McNally - Lead Design, Original Programming

Philippe McNally - Modeling, Texturing, Sound, Design

Jim McNally - Map & Track Design, Modeling, Sound

Wendy McNally - Sculptural Design & Modeling

Al Ryan - Music

Tom Hubina - Additional Programming
Russ Williams - Localization Programming

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2002 03:44 PM            
Hope this isn't a bad thing to do but I did a text view of the TM.exe file and found a lots of commands not currently called for in any ent or cfg file. I've placed this commands in my spreadsheet and I'm slowly going through them to see what they do. I guess I could send you my spreadsheet...

Found that this command can be placed in the config.cfg file:

ByPassIntro = 1
#Bypasses the intro screens.

This next command seems to be a multiplier for the turrent spin. It will multiply any of the turrent speeds set by the ents. Any value above 5 or below -5 will make it too fast for any human to use the turrent. A value of 0 will lock all turrents. Negative numbers will reverse the turrent direction. I've found a value of from 2.5 to 3.2 works just fine for me. You can place this in the config.cfg file or in the dedicated.cfg file for servers. Placing this in the dedicated.cfg file for server hosting will make your AIs respond much quicker and deadlier.

Warning: If you have this command in your config.cfg file and you try to play online with it, your gameplay will be jerky. You should remark this out if playing on online servers.

TurrentSpeedScale = 2
#Mulitiplier for turrent spin.

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited March 15, 2002).]

IP: