|
Author Topic:   Specific tank for AI...
BamZipPow
posted March 07, 2002 03:14 PM            
Curious...How does one go about specifying a specific tank for the AI(s)? I know you can limit them in the single game for liquid, steel, or all but how do you do it for multiplayer? If we go with this soccer theme, this would be an important issue, yes?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 09, 2002 04:03 PM            
Two ways:

Dedicated.cfg side - command:
#The types of tanks allowed for bots, 0 is all, 1 is Steel, 2 is Liquid.
LimitTankTypes = 0

Map side - command:
#TankTypes 0 = All / 1 = Steel / 2 = Liquid
TankTypes = 0

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2002 10:06 PM            
Guess I need to be more specific...

If I want the AI to have a specific tank...uh, like the 8-Ball tank and put a texture of a soccer ball on it, how would one go specifying this particular tank for the AI? Is it even possible?

I guess I'll have to experiment some more...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 03:12 AM            
yes this issue has come up, and I've been meaning to tinker with it. I'll go experiment with it right now for ya.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 04:09 AM            
This is exactly what you need to do.

Go to entities/race tank. For each tank ent you need to comment out the "name=" entry. This makes it so that the server will only let the AI's use the tank whose "name=" entry hasn't been commented out. This also enables users who use a different tank to still be able to use any tank the server has. Hope that helps. If not what else did you have in mind?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 10, 2002 04:36 AM            
Thanks, Coax!

That seems to do the job and allows the other players to log on with whatever tank they want...or at least what the server supports.

Coolness...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 05:00 AM            
Wow, I finally was able to answer a mod question. I feel so cool now. I think I just got lucky that Bam asked the only mod question I have any remote experience with. For those that don't know "police tank".

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP: