|
Author Topic:   How com I can never access TM-Central.com
TheGreatSkeeve
posted February 19, 2002 07:19 AM            
every time I try, it's not available. It sounds so cool!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 19, 2002 08:50 AM            
the site is having probs at the moment. for a similar resources site check out the tmpages at www.dmf.filetap.com

if you want to take part in tournies though you will need to register for membership.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 19, 2002 04:14 PM            
Good save O' GreatMatrix.

I am still testing things, it should be back up soon.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 01:28 AM            
My God man, Kevlar's site is the coolest site I've ever seen. When I fist saw it, I knew Kevlar set a new standard to Tread Marks website design. I redid my site partially because Kevlar's looked so cool; and it still pails in comparison

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 20, 2002 09:58 AM            
I agree coax, terrific site

IP:

TheGreatSkeeve
posted February 20, 2002 11:35 AM            
Join a torney? Yeah right!! I'm stll learning to steer and aim!! I just bore sight and hope!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 01:23 PM            
not to put Matrix's site down at all either. Since he's very artistic, his site is in a class of its own

My philosophy is more of "If I can do it with a table, why bother with anything else "

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 20, 2002 02:43 PM            
good call coax... the mark of webdesign isnt an accurate science since theres many good ways to make sites. I dont use frames or tables cos basically i hate em ! dmf is a content heavy site but most of my sites load up in an average 15 seconds on 56k which is actually pretty good.

If theres meta tags, keywords, search engine entries, banner swaps, effort in pushing with loads of text to scan thru, sites should rank quite well in engines and be informative with great content. The actual design is largly superficial.

Its to be reasonable fast
Built with narrowband users in mind
Informative
Well laid out

Graphics and eye candy actually come in last place till were all on broadband access. Rule of thumb here is optimise any images as best you can while retaining quality. most of my images are 2 to 10k and have a 56k load of 2 to 5 seconds.

I also am not a fan of image slicing with tables - far easier to do one image and place hotspots on it.

IP: