This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   TM soccer idea
BamZipPow
posted March 18, 2002 02:03 AM            
Okay...it's getting closer...

Have to leave the mass driver in there as there's nothing like going up against a ball who's set on whapping you with it!

Me thinks this is going to turn out like a jousting game when all said and done.

The only way to score with the ball is to knock it into the opponent's goal. Yes, you can also knock it into your goal as well as knocking your teammates and opponents into the goal...

but you won't get scores that way. Each goal will have it's own quote so you know which goal was scored on...

Oh..the goals. Abandoned the idea of modifying the boomstickville sign..too much for my brain to handle. Setup some monoliths and towers for the goals. At least you can see the goal all the way across the field. Will probably tighten the monoliths structures really close together so there won't be any gaps. Sometimes if you hit the back of the goal too hard with the ball, it will go sailing through. Hope to have a spewer in place so as soon as the ball crosses the plain, it will die! And you SCORE!!!

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited March 18, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 21, 2002 06:45 AM            
First, I'd like to thank JVortex for his time and assistance in making this map/mod.

Okay...this is what you been waiting for!

The Soccer map is almost done!! I need some people to test the server and map for me.

ICQ me (137607701) and I'll send you what you need (map, projectiles, spewers). I should have my server up and running all day. Unfortunately, I only have ADSL 128 upload speed so my server will not be able to handle more than 4 people at any given time.

You should understand that this is NOT a standard DM or CTF map setup. The flags you will see are there to show which goal you have to defend. You could try to get the flag but you will die instantly as the goals are instant kill zones!! Some basic ground rules must be understood by all players before playing the game.

As tempting as it may be, do not kick the ball away from the field. This will not make it any fun if you do. You have to use your skill to achieve this. Also, you may be tempted to kick other players on the other team as well as your team. Please don't!! You can bump them but don't shoot them on purpose.

If a ball is to go up and out of the field of play, play should stop and one player should retrieve the ball.

Keep in mind that the ball may be armed with either the mass driver or cannon so this may become a challenge for the ball retriever.

All weapon damage has been disabled so the only thing that will happen is that you get pushed around. The only way you can die is if you go into the goal.

To score, you need to kick the ball into the opposite goal. It is the goal with the other teams flag. When you do score, it will tell you which team just scored. Obviously if the goal has your flag color and you kick the ball into it, you just scored a goal for the other team. Remember that the score will have to be counted manually.

This map can teach you how to use the turret more effectively. It's almost like a training map for those who are inclined to teach or learn.

All tanks have been converted to the 120mm with 40 rounds. The ball will have 70 rounds. Firing delay rate for the 120mm has been changed to 1 second. Firing delay rate for the mass driver has been changed to 2 seconds.

The tanks that I have enabled for the server are as follows:

All LDA steel
All LDA liquid
All LDA unused tanks (Elf, M1, Rocker, Half-track)
Boomstickville tanks
Tron/Tron Blue
Spade
Sith
Maul
Eagle
Dunner
Spyplane
Aero
Recon
NOPeR

Whatever you do, don't pick the Liquid 8-ball tank as it's been modified for the ball. If you do pick the 8-ball, you'll just sit there looking kinda stupid.

If you want something changed, let me know.

TurrentSpeedScale has been set to 1.5.

I'm not sure if I covered everything so if I forgot something...well...let me know. This is my first attempt at any kind of mod.

------------------
...how things get fragged!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 21, 2002 05:10 PM            
thats so cool, can you please send all the files i need to coaxs@yahoo.com I won't be able to be on icq today

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 21, 2002 06:08 PM            
Done Coax...it should be in yer inbox by now.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 21, 2002 07:31 PM            
Found that the best way to keep score is to just echo the score when someone scores.

For example:

The World has destroyed AI-Kick Me with a Goal for Team Black!!

BamZipPow: 1-0

Simple and easy to type in. That way if anyone forgets, you can look at the conversation box and see what the score is/was.

Sound good?

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 21, 2002 07:52 PM            
I would like to test if possible.

kevlar@tm-central.com

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 21, 2002 07:59 PM            
MEMEMEEMEM!!! ICQ or email @:

roger_the_shrubber80@hotmail.com

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 21, 2002 10:54 PM            
Can somebody host it on their site?

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 21, 2002 11:43 PM            
LOL on that email address, NI

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 01:21 AM            
Okay...trying to build a server pack that will have everything including the modified ents for the tanks and weapons.

Had requests for a few things to be changed or added.

1. Change gravity of ball so it doesn't pop up into the air so much.

2. Add more mass drivers/gold boxes

3. Just stock tanks

4. Reduce/remove the spewing textures so it won't increase lag when more players connect

If you think of anything else, let me know. Hope to have the updates soon.

Yes, this means you'll need to get the new pack.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 05:23 AM            
Okay...got the following changes done:

Changed the ball so it won't pop up into the air as much. In other words you shouldn't have to kick it back into the field of play. Also, this means that the AI will be able to get it's bearings about 3 times quicker and will shoot you in about 1 second.

Upped the mass drivers ammo count from 10 to 40 and upped it's appearance (weight) as well as the superammo box. Reduced the standard ammo box and health appearance.

Some day I'll be able to convert a model of a soccer ball into a tank and use that instead. Hope to see you all on the soccer field soon.

IP:

synack
posted March 22, 2002 10:45 AM         
would love to check this out, but I don't ICQ. Could you please email it to synack_synack@hotmail.com ??

Tanks!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 03:12 PM            
Done synack! Just sent out a mass email for just about everyone.

Made some basic changes that should allow higher scoring, better ball control, faster "whapping" from the ball. That's the sound you'll remember too much if you don't take care of yourself around the ball when it gets the mass driver. See you on the field...

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2