|
Author Topic:   New Map
Sage
posted February 03, 2002 11:42 AM            
OK, I created a new map called Icy Cinnimon But i think I may have forgoten some files so just wait a minute sailor and kevlar.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Sage
posted February 03, 2002 11:52 AM            
Ok, heres the place you can get it. Just click on the green tank. http://sagetm.tripod.com/zyonenterprisesandassociations/

------------------

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 04, 2002 12:24 AM            
Ok I will check out that one. I was checking out the other one called CTF Track & Tread and it appears to be missing the textures. It has that patented purple color that they all get when the texture is missing. From the shot I can tell it's not supposed to be purple.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Sage
posted February 04, 2002 11:18 AM            
actually, it's supposed to be purple. The screen shot was from another version of the T&T Map, but there is a texture for it that is missing that I will send to you.

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted February 05, 2002 01:32 PM            
Ok, I just sent Sailor the fixed version of Track and Tread so you can get it from him and a new map called Ninja Starain. It's like one of the coolest maps I'v ever made.

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted February 06, 2002 12:46 AM            
Ok I just sent Kevlar and Sailor three new maps called:
DM Carrasel and Starch, DM Fly-Bear, and Sega Core. Sega Core is my favorite

------------------

IP:

Karldar
posted February 06, 2002 09:24 AM            
Man! Slow down, Sage. I haven't even gotten to try Icy Cinnimon yet LOL.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 06, 2002 02:27 PM            
Don't feel bad Karldar. I have not had a chance to put the maps he sent on TMMaps yet. In fact I have not even gotten the last three in my email yet. See those tonight when I get home. I agree slow down Sage. Give us a chance to catch up, but keep up the good work.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 06, 2002 02:34 PM            
Ditto! Slow down!
I got them posted on the site and in the map master but that was 5 minutes ago.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 06, 2002 08:01 PM            
If you sent me those last three maps they have not arrived yet. The first two are posted on TMMaps though if anyone needs them.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 07, 2002 10:12 AM            
Just for the record, the omega swamp map turned out nothing like a swamp at all. If anyone is interested ill release the version i made which is very bleak with leafless trees and a sulpher atmosphere. Fogging is high at 500m

IP:

Sage
posted February 07, 2002 04:28 PM            
Ok Sailor, just sent you those maps.

------------------

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 07, 2002 09:48 PM            
Hey Matrix, send me a copy of that map, I would like to take a look at it.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Sage
posted February 08, 2002 01:04 PM            
You know, technically you can't release that map because it was made by several different people and if you do you have to (give props) so to speak to the other people that worked on it.

Anyway, Sailor posted my new maps on his site: DM Carrasel and Starch, DM Flybear,
DM Ninja Starain, and DM Sega Core. go here and take a look: http://tmmaps.tripod.com/tmmaps/

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 09, 2002 10:47 PM            
"technically I cant release it" ?

Why the hell not - I was the first one that worked on it, I designed the general layout. All i do i name it something else - no big deal, i just didnt like how the final version came out. Ok, it WAS your idea, and a good one at that, but a swamp is a swamp - I cannot describe what was released as a "swamp"

I will rename to "Sulpher Swamp" to avoid clashes with yours and release anyway - sheesh lol. No offence but many have asked me for my version and thus far I have refused, but I figure why not - lol, under a diff name there shouldnt be any problems...right ?

IP:

Sage
posted February 09, 2002 11:53 PM            
First of all, if you relese it you have to use a different hightmap, there no point in have two maps with the same hightmap.
Second, I came up with the Idea for making a Omega Map-not a Swamp map. Somebody else said "hey lets make it a swamp map". So if you wan't to make it then fine but just know this-I never intended for it to be a swamp map.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 10, 2002 09:11 AM            
Actually your right there it was omega not swamp... but since i designed the hightmap i dont have a prob releasing it.

Think of it as same planet different weather conditions. After all, nobody moved any of my pickup locations or trees either. So appart from the skybox which was swapped for a default one and changing the ground texture its the same map.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 10, 2002 09:49 PM            
Well I only said I wanted to take a look at it... Not sell it on EBay!

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

KONG
posted February 10, 2002 09:50 PM            
i'll bid 10 denali's. LMFAO

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited February 10, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 10, 2002 10:05 PM            
Put it out Matrix. With different texture and effects it will be an entirely different map. Sage - give Matrix a break he did much of the initial work right. Do not kill another good idea because you changed the original in a group deal. You are not going to know the landscape with different texturing and the effects Matrix is talking about. Lets all play nice and see what we get from it. This is not your original work Sage so quit trying to be the new Perry Mason of law. My .02 cents worth.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 11, 2002 11:05 AM            
whats a denali kong ? - some sorta currency ?

IP:

Rex R
posted February 11, 2002 12:57 PM            
I think its either a mountain or a sport utility vehicle

IP: