|
Author Topic:   Very big big hole
Cntrptn
posted January 14, 2002 05:05 AM         
I realize this may sound very newbieish but...what's the easiest way to get unlim weapons? I want to dig really big holes to trap the AI but I hate waiting for the power-ups. thanks

------------------
Cntrptn has left the building....
[read: Cntrptn has fallen asleep and will wake severals hours later to find he has short circuited the keyboard by drooling on it when he dreampt about Gundams]

IP:

Cntrptn
posted January 14, 2002 05:10 AM         
Or perhaps maybe just increase the damage being done by, say, the rocket or the dustball?

IP:

Vlad
posted January 14, 2002 08:00 AM            
That reminds me.. I REALLY need to finish my modding tutorial...

First things first, do you have the demo or the full version?

IP:

Cntrptn
posted January 14, 2002 06:03 PM         
Sadly I must confess I have the demo...for now. I'm gonna get the full ver I promise. But yah, demo it is, [1.6]. That's why I was trying to ask for something simple that might get me going until I get the full ver. thanks

IP:

Sage
posted January 14, 2002 06:11 PM            
Go to the root directory of your Tread Marks installation directory. Go to the folder 'entities'. Lets start in the projectile directory, select a filename and double click it, it will bring up a window that asks you what program you want to open the file with. Unless you know what the 'always use this program to open this file type' box does then I would suggest to leave it unchecked, or uncheck it if it is checked. Scroll through the menu till you find notepad. Double click notepad. It will bring up a window with the contents of the file of which you selected to begin with. A few lines down you will find speed = 'whatever', change that number to change how many meters per second the weapon travels in the game. Crater = 'whatever' is the area across the surface of the ground your weapon damages when it impacts, Depth is how deep the crater goes, and scorch is how much of the crater becomes damaged terrain. 1.0 is no damage, and 0.0 is 100% damaged, anything in between has less or more effect. I don't know what the 'timetolive = 'whatever' does exactly, I assume it is how long the projectile will travel without hitting something before it dicipates, In most files you will also find a splash radius = 'whatever', this is the area around where the weapon hits that an enemy will be affected, Splashdamage = 'whatever' is how much damage is given to the tank that is in the splash radius, splashpush = 'whatever' is the force of which the tank is push away from the point the hit radius. Now going on to the folder Tankgod you will find only one file, open it like I explained before. Scroll to the bottom of it and you will find DM (death Match) PeaShooter = 'whatever' and RacePeaShooter = 'whatever'. Change these values to change the amount of normal tank shells you start with in deathmatch or in race mode. Under the Weapon directory, you will find more files with names similar to weapons in the game, select the weapon to want to alter and open like I explained before. in this file you will find a line saying ammo = 'whatever', alter this to change the amount of ammo you get whenever you pickup this weapon in the game. Alter the reload time for the weapon to set how long it takes between shots before you fire again. And last of all, the powerup directory. Open files in here just like all the others. The superammo.ent file controls how many times the ammo of the weapons default ammo load you get every time you pick up a bright white ammo box, setting this to, say, 100 will give you some 20000 round if you get this when you have the avenger. Just change the line ammoadd = 'whatever' to whatever you want. The health.ent control how much health you get when you pick up a repair in the game, setting the healthfix = 'whatever' the 1, will repair you tank to 100% no matter how much damage you have taken. The ammo1.ent it how many normal tank shells you get each time you get a pea shooter ammo box.

Man thats alot.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Cntrptn
posted January 14, 2002 06:50 PM         
Wow, that was alot. Spiffy. thank you thank you. : )

------------------
[read: Cntrptn has fallen asleep and will wake severals hours later to find he has short circuited the keyboard by drooling on it when he dreampt about Gundams]

IP:

Cntrptn
posted January 14, 2002 09:43 PM         
One question more if you please. The reload rate of the main gun for the tank. Where might that one be?

IP:

A2597
posted January 14, 2002 10:10 PM            
in the tank config file..
Entities/racetank

=)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 14, 2002 10:50 PM            
your profile is pretty empty m8 and i have some stuff to send you - can u fill in some details plz.

IP:

JVortex
posted January 15, 2002 03:22 AM            
and another modder arises from the ashes...

welcome!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

wolfman
posted January 15, 2002 04:47 PM            
Question re: modifying the recon tank - i want to up its ammo to @240 and make the reload rate @.20 - reload rate done no prob but whenever i up the ammo it turns around and defaults to 8 Want the tank to have the equivalent of a 25 mm chain gun as the default weapon. Any help greatly appreciated. JT

------------------
Anarchists of the world unite and organize ;) And you too can be a militant pacifist!

IP:

Vlad
posted January 15, 2002 05:39 PM            
Well, there's two ways to do that...

Notice that the line you're making in the Racetank file is AmmoMax = 240. That only affects the maximum ammo. Unfortunately, starting ammo is a global parameter, and is set through Tankgod/Sabot.ent. The lines DMPeashooter and RacePeaShooter define the starting ammo amounts for DM and Race games. However, you can't have the starting amount go over a tank's maximum amount. So if you wanted, you could make the Recon's maximum amount 240, then up the starting count to 240 in Sabot.ent. The recon would start at 240, and all other tanks would start at their own maximums (16 for stock tanks).

The other way is to do like JVortex did with the Warbird and Voyager tanks. You could make a custom weapon with weight = 0 that would act as the weapon that you wanted the Recon to have. Then instead of making the recon fire its normal projectile, change the line to ProjectileType = Weapon/YourWeapon. So each time the Recon fires its main gun, it'll give itself a Weapon of type YourWeapon with whatever properties you set the weapon up with. Unfortunately, that will disallow the tank from picking up any boltons while the new weapon is active. It also causes problems with arming the weapon while going at high speeds or in the air.

IP:

Cntrptn
posted January 16, 2002 12:21 AM         
I have since been messing around with the parameters of just about everything and will probobly start making new guns soon. One idea would be like a beam weapon out of Gundam. I cannot figure out how though to change the size of the beam for the laser [assuming that's what I would base it on]. thanks

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 16, 2002 01:57 AM            
the entity parameter 'ScaleMatrix' in the laser projectile ent(IIRC laserbeam) controls the size of the mesh. Note; however the laser is actually cross shaped + . you may have to make a new mesh for your energy weapon.
Re; recon ammo
IIRC the 'DVSDuke' sabot had a startammo of 1000

IP:

Vlad
posted January 16, 2002 07:31 AM            
Aaaaactually, the ent you want to edit for the laser is the Laserbeam1 explosphere ent, not the projectile. The laser is actually a hitscan projectile, like the Mass Driver. The beam effect that you see is an explosphere-class ent that's called as the SmokeEnt from the laserbeam.

IP:

JVortex
posted January 16, 2002 05:27 PM            
LOL.

the skill, the knowledge, the know how...

we can build em stronger, faster, better...

nice to see topics like this covered so completely. i remember a year ago when no one would have really known exactly how to deal with all this.

viva la modders

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

Sage
posted January 18, 2002 09:37 PM            
Thx Vlad, I was trying to figure out how to do that with the laser. Oh and Cntrptn, I'd be happy to help you with your Gundam Weapon.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP: