This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   TM Mod Picker out of beta
Mysterial
posted January 13, 2002 03:41 AM            
Since no one has reported any problems since the first beta, I've decided the Mod Picker is now worthy to be considered a full program. There are some changes, most notably that its files are now .tmm files so they won't be confused with TM's .cfg files. Make sure you rename any setups you have that you like!

Get it here: http://24.80.237.251/mysterial/TM.htm

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 13, 2002 07:54 AM            
very nice work my friend

i dont know if you have seen it yet but i used some html form elements to make a mockup of the ideal game launcher - take a peek n see what you think - its in the news thread at www.dmf.filetap.com

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 13, 2002 08:18 PM            
still can't get the mod picker to work for me, can we try to do this step by step with me mysterial. If need be I'll erase all my treadmarks folders and start from scratch.

Matrix couldn't find it on the current news.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 14, 2002 06:08 PM            
Send me an email with all the info you can give and the log file debuglog.txt and I'll see if I can help you work it out.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2002 01:55 AM            
its not on the text scroller, its about halfway down the page.... cant miss it its a large grey form box with "mysterial 2002" in it in a very large font....

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 15, 2002 02:06 AM            
edit: was stretching out the post

[This message has been edited by coax (edited January 19, 2002).]

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 15, 2002 06:34 AM            
Hmmmm. OK, here we go:

1. Is your TM folder really "C:\Tread Marks 1.5"? If not, uninstall TM, delete its registry keys, and reinstall.

2. Is there really all that stuff in your Entities and Addons\Entities folder? If so, why? Removing it might help (it'll definately make the log file smaller ).

3. The Mod Picker currently only scans 1 folder deep inside the two Entities folders. For example, Addons\Entities\Weapon\ is scanned but Addons\Entities\Weapon\MyWeapon\ wouldn't be. Check to see if this situation exists.

What's odd to me about this is that even those entries that are folders are not scanned (even though it says it did). Either that or ALL those folders are somehow empty, which I doubt. The most likely cause to me is that something didn't exist like it should have, and one of the commands that I use didn't return an error code for some reason.

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 15, 2002 08:26 AM            
Well I don't know, I would think it's possible some could be empty.
These are not default folders and some of them are system folders/files, like windows and command.com, scandisk log, Visual Studio, My Documents, Program files. It's almost like it's scanning the root of the drive and not inside the tm folder. Surely these are not inside your tm entities folder. I even see recyle bin in there.

C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Tread Marks\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Visual Studio\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\cancer\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Rescued Document 1.txt\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\SCANDISK.LOG\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\WINDOWS\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Program Files\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\COMMAND.COM\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\Addons\Entities\My Briefcase\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\My Documents\
C:\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Program Files\

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 15, 2002 11:54 AM            
Coax;
Where exactly is your copy of the mod picker placed. If I understand the way it seems to be working it should be in your TreadMarks 1.5 directory and not in the root directory of the drive. You are definitely getting a scan of the root directory of C:\ which is not where you want to be. My .02 cents worth.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 15, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 15, 2002 02:59 PM            
lol, no one said it had to be in tread marks folder. lol, if thats all, I'll throw it in their tonight and let you know if it fixes the problem.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 15, 2002 04:34 PM            
The Mod Picker should be able to work from anywhere on your drive. However, if TM itself is not in the place the registry says it is, it could certainly cause the effects that you're getting.

IP:

peeeto
posted January 15, 2002 05:08 PM         
maybe this has been discussed before, but can you allow us to tell TMModPicker where our TM install directory is?

i have TM 1.0 installed on my PC along with TM 1.6. when i used TMModPicker, it chose the TM 1.0 ("c:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.0") folder, not my current version where all my mods are installed ("c:\Program Files\Tread Marks").

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 15, 2002 05:31 PM            
It'll be in the next version.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 15, 2002 10:34 PM            
Well the TM Mod Picker v1.0 appears to have the following problem.

Logging Started Tue Jan 15 21:24:20 2002

Got Treadmarks.exe path from registry: C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Treadmarks.exe
TM Folder: C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5
Creating base temporary folder structure in C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\TMTemp
Starting recursive folder scan in C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Addons\Entities\
Starting recursive folder scan in C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\

Log File Closed at Tue Jan 15 21:26:18 2002

------------------------------------------

There it stops. Never gives a listing - nothing. The Beta prior worked from my TM directory, this version does not work from anywhere I have installed it so far.

All of the above log entries are correct and verified. Ran it about 2 minutes with nothing more than you see.

Sorry had the length of time for run wrong above.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 16, 2002 02:50 AM            
got ti to work by having it extract into the TM directory that has my addons. Thanks guys. The program is pretty nice and sweet. And has a lot of potential. What CP Language did you use?

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 16, 2002 06:59 AM            
coax: Odd. It shouldn't matter. Oh well, I'll check it out and see what happens? Where did you have it originally?

Sailor: 1. Are the folders correct? Is that where you have installed Tread Marks?
2. Was the TMTemp folder actually created? Was it in your TM folder where the Mod Picker says it is?
3. Which beta worked? Beta 1, Beta 2, or both?

IP:

coax LWA
posted January 16, 2002 04:08 PM            
i extracted it to my desktop.

By the way what computer language did you use to make it?

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 16, 2002 07:26 PM            
C++

I don't know how to fix that weird folder scanning bug you experienced (not yet, anyway) but I do know how to check for it. Where did you put the Mod Picker's exe to fix the problem?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 16, 2002 08:50 PM            
1. Are the folders correct? Is that where you have installed Tread Marks?
1A. Yes the folders are correct and that is where I have TreadMarks installed.
2. Was the TMTemp folder actually created? Was it in your TM folder where the Mod Picker says it is?
2A. Yes the TMTemp folder was actually created in the TM folder where it says it is.
3. Which beta worked? Beta 1, Beta 2, or both?
3A. Beta 1 - never put in Beta 2. Did install the final version though obviously.

I have tried it both in the TM directory and outside in its own folder under Program Files directory (same level as TM). Neither worked correctly, but the Help About still shows Beta 1 12/15/01 as the version and date.

------------------

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 17, 2002 06:26 AM            
Odd. I'll have to add in a few more debug messages to see what's up.

Thanks for reminding me to update the About box

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 09:29 PM            
Not a problem about the reminder, but have you found anything about the problem I had with the latest version or have you added more detailed debug options yet, I would like to use your program, but currently cannot for the above stated reasons. Just checking - like to keep up to date on what is happening. Thanks
BTW - it would be nice if debug could be turned on or off with a selection in one of the dropdown menus to conserve space and processing if debug information is not required. Just a thought.

------------------

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 25, 2002 06:37 AM            
New minor version will be out in a day or two. I've been rather busy

Debug messages will require a command-line option later. I want to wait until a) I create a setup program so there will be easy links to both the normal and debug versions, and b) until I am reasonably sure they won't be needed, because I'm sure some people would send me messages like "Debug log? WTF are you talking about? How do I do that?" even if there's an icon right on the start menu to turn them on.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 25, 2002 01:48 PM            
That sounds good Mysterial. I will be looking forward to the update. Just post when ready. Thanks for the information and I understand about the being busy. Happens to all of us at times but that is good cause we can pay the bills. However I still have to tell the wife just one more game.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 25, 2002 10:09 PM            
Any comments on the mock up on dmf yet ?

IP:

KONG
posted January 25, 2002 10:53 PM            
wishfull thinkin. LOL

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2