|
Author Topic:   Need god zip!
Irascible
posted December 30, 2001 09:43 PM            
Kevlar, help!

I made a god zip of my own quite awhile back - but it's messed up. All sorts of sound files are mixed up. That's why I was so happy that you were making one.

I've been out of the loop for a while - so maybe it happened already. Let me know!

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 31, 2001 12:16 AM            
I have one that is almost ready. Except I have, with help from Rex, ENTegrefied all of them. So they have no errors and all of the duplicate files have been fixed.

Making the zip is tougher than it sounds huh? I have also divided them in to client and SSO (Server Side Only). It should be ready after New Years. Rex is working on the Diggin Drill/Pogo phenomenon, (long story). The master pack will have 70 weapons in it and any new weapons will go into a second master update zip file, that way you don't have to keep downloading the first zip every time there is a new weapon added.

Check my site for details. I should be posting it sometime soon. But I do need a little time to test it. WM said he may host a server for it later.

And just where the heck have you been Ras? You fell off the planet for a while there.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 31, 2001 12:36 AM            
Kevlar your link didn't work

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

I.C.A.B.R.U.O.K.
Say each letter one at a time and it makes a sentence. Its the longest single letter sentence I can think of :)

IP:

Rex R
posted December 31, 2001 02:38 AM            
think we're going to have to; a) disable the pogo part b)leave it in and with a low weight (to reduce the no. of leftover pogos) or c) consider it to be client only/ not for online events. it is currently done (no other errors/glitches) but fixing that odd bit has me stumped(jv as well). so what do the rest of you think bout the dig drill? retire it, or what?

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 31, 2001 03:23 AM            
I disabled the pogo, the first time, thinking it was not supposed to be in there. I currently have that version.

IMO, I think its a good weapon but without the pogo. I mean since there is already a pogo weapon by itself. Plus since it keeps leaving pogo's at the spawn points it's not really doing what it was intended to, which was to eject you from the hole when the drill ran out.

So, I think we should probably just drop the pogo part, I don't know how everyone else feels, I would hate to see any weapon get retired. (except maybe the pogo itself... j/k )

Oh and Nameserver trouble on the site, sorry.

IP:

Irascible
posted December 31, 2001 11:45 AM            
"And just where the heck have you been Ras?"

I appreciate the question Kev - since it gives me opportunity to talk about myself .
It's been a combination of getting ready to move, the holidays, building a new computer and the rediscovery of my old flame... (if only it were a woman ) Battlezone II.

But despite my absence, and thanks in no small part to Supe's computer crashing twice (less competition... hehe), I still did well in the DDM yesterday.

At one point I seem to recall there being over 100 weapons. Does that mean that there were duplicates or just badly written ones that you had to drop?

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 31, 2001 12:59 PM            
Actually there are around 114 weapons total but when you sort them by client and server side, there are 70 client and 44 server side only.

The SSO and client pack will both be available. The 70 weapon client pack is about 10mb but the sso is only about 135kb so if you decide you want to play the server side weapons in single player, then it's a tiny additional download. But I will still continue to keep them separate.

For general info: Server Side Weapons are weapons without custom mesh's, textures or sounds, basically they reference stock files and do not have to be downloaded when played on the server. They ''synch'' at game start time. (Example Hammer2 server). That's one reason I keep them separate.

And the site should be working now.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Karldar
posted December 31, 2001 02:28 PM            
Pretty sure the dig drill on FTnCD worked correctly. Well, mebbe not as far as ents go, but I seem to recall the pogo bumpin' me out of my hole whenever the drill ran out of ammo. Can't remember if it left a bunch o' pogos littering the battleground or not....
'Course, that's prolly not even wot ya'll are talkin' about hehe.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 31, 2001 02:49 PM            
Yes, that's what we are talking about. Where can that version be found? Anyone know?

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Rex R
posted January 01, 2002 01:49 AM            
well last I heard jv had a copy of the ft&cd mods but, the pak needed to be sorted out. think the only thing missing was the kitchen sink...

IP:

KONG
posted January 01, 2002 01:55 AM            
was just runnin FTnCD the other day. no pogo ent. get an error everytime someone uses it

IP: