|
Author Topic:   Hosting Mining Server
wolfman
posted December 29, 2001 11:55 PM            
Hi I am wanting to host a Mining server - i have cable modem and would like to host this server. I am clueless on how to go about doing this. So please advise and let me know who I need to get the files etc from. Thanks

------------------
I am neither for nor against Apathy!

IP:

NeoKi
posted December 30, 2001 08:07 PM            
You don't download anything, all you have to do is click (load Didicated Server when you before you click luanch TM, And you use the Edit Dedicated Server to Edit your server

------------------
Sushi

IP:

KONG
posted December 30, 2001 08:36 PM            
neoki, he's talkin about the mining/ftncd mods for the server

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2001 09:05 PM            
::giggles::

IP:

Paranor
posted December 31, 2001 01:59 AM            
wolfman, do you have the actual mining zip files?

also, do you have a firewall? if so what? zonealarm will popup automagically.

Blackice - not sure

And if you have a "firewall/router" then you need to edit ports 12499 and what the other 2 ports you decide to use in the config file. UDP, not TCP.

IP:

wolfman
posted December 31, 2001 10:52 PM            
Thanks everyone for their help = Special thanks to KONG. Had the mining server up earlier this evening on. Thanks for everything.

IP:

KONG
posted December 31, 2001 11:06 PM            
better check your firewall. was not getting a ping from your server on the master server.
ping=0

IP:

wolfman
posted January 01, 2002 11:10 AM            
Double checked zone alarm and changed ZA so that TM can act as Server. Let me know if this takes care of it. Thanks. JT

IP:

wolfman
posted January 02, 2002 01:28 PM            
I have a Test Mining and a Test Cookie Dough Server up right now and will try to keep them up as much as possible. Any comments and feed back would be most appreciated. Thanks. JT

IP: