|
Author Topic:   cup of java with JVortex and other modders
coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2001 09:05 PM            
This thread is for nice friendly/relaxing discussions on mods. Since the modders are the most knowledgable people in the world, perhaps they will share there information with us. I'll maintain this thread soely as a Q&A thread.

[edit]I'm going to delete new replys and just add it to the list. I don't know if this will work or anyone will like it, but I'm just experimenting with a new concept here. I've noticed that these types of threads die out becuase of the junk that accumulates so I thought this would be an interesting thing to try out.

1st Asked by coax. Answered by JVortex. Answered by Kevlar

• Q: In Noper/oracle's shockwave help file it said they created 2 new objects, but I thought the shockwave was a sever side mod? Who made the new sso version? and where can it be found?
  • A: mmmmmmm... java is my friend...... droolllll...
    its been a while since ive looked at that one but if i remember right it had a custom weapon mesh and the Ring.lwo file (or something like that) for the shockwave blast itself.

replacing the custom weapon mesh w/ some form of scaled plasma mine box would be easy enough. and replacing their custom explo ring w/ the SphereSquished.lwo should work just as well.

that kinda answers how it could be done, but i dont think i had ever seen a SSO of the shockwave.

• A: And to my knowledge after checking the weapons master file I only have a non-sso shockwave

2nd Asked by JVortex. Answered by Kevlar

• Q: on the some of the stock maps the race routes have bends in them. at these bends there arent check points. how are these done?
  • A: Not positive but I think it can be done with TMapper's emptycheckpoint.

Hightlight an existing check point and use the drop down and change the stdcheckpoint to emptycheckpoint

3rd Asked by RexR

• Q: On DVSDuke's dig drill, the weapon ent uses outentity = pogo to call the pogo when the drill runs down. this is so you can get back out of the hole you just dug. problem is when you pick up the drill(fresh spawn) it leaves a pogo sitting on the spawn spot(like the random weap) any ideas on how to get around this?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 28, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 27, 2001 10:17 PM            
Not positive but I think it can be done with TMapper's emptycheckpoint.

Hightlight an existing check point and use the drop down and change the stdcheckpoint to emptycheckpoint

[Edit]
And to my knowledge after checking the weapons master file I only have a non-sso shockwave.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 27, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 27, 2001 10:43 PM            
number them in 10's

each 100 drops a checkpoint.

IP:

JVortex
posted December 28, 2001 01:19 AM            
ill try out the empty check point idea, that sounds good to me.

and i like your format going on there coax. good thinkins .

IP:

Rex R
posted December 28, 2001 03:06 AM            
new question/puzzle
On DVSDuke's dig drill, the weapon ent uses outentity = pogo to call the pogo when the drill runs down. this is so you can get back out of the hole you just dug. problem is when you pick up the drill(fresh spawn) it leaves a pogo sitting on the spawn spot(like the random weap) any ideas on how to get around this?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 28, 2001 08:52 AM            
yup

dont pick up the drill

hehehe j/k......

IP:

KONG
posted December 31, 2001 10:20 PM            
read this thread. especially by RC, about halfway down. you should see this. "I have not checked all of LDA's maps so I don't know if others do something odd also. I know an Entity Flag of 1 will make it invisible on radar and prevent weapons from spawning there. Another, Not The Goat has the Entity Flag set to 40. The Moon, 20. I think I will have to check with Jim on this."

http://www.treadmarks.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=tmapper&action=display&num=99860 0152

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited December 31, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted January 01, 2002 02:04 AM            
so by using an ent class of 1 you could set a course check point (bend the course) w/o having the standard check points?

IP: