This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Merry Christmas!
Mysterial
posted December 25, 2001 08:30 AM            
Hope everyone has a happy day!

As a present to all of you, I finished the first beta of my TM Mod Picker a little early. You can download it from here.

Please keep in mind that this is a BETA. It doesn't have many of the features it will eventually, although the features it does have *should* work properly.

I'll be unavailable for the rest of the day today, so if anyone has any questions (or it crashes horribly), you'll have to wait until tomarrow to have them answered.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 25, 2001 10:06 AM            
Good work man ill update the DMF with this news asap have a great xmas n new year fella

IP:

coax LWA
posted December 25, 2001 02:10 PM            
looks like a great start. I'm a bit confused on how to use it though. Why would you want to open cfg files if the weight and other information are in the ent files. I'm not a modder so I'm probally not picking up on something.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 25, 2001 10:28 PM            
ok so i un-kebbled it to my root tm folder, it hasnt scanned any files or anything and it shows installed as nuthin - am i doing sumthin wrong ?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 25, 2001 11:00 PM            
matrix what did you do in detail? 'cause it didn't load for me either

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 26, 2001 02:45 AM            
coax LWA: The config files store what mods you've picked. They allow you to have different sets for different times. Now that I look at it, I probably should have named them something different, because its bound to be confused with TM's config, which has nothing to do with it. The configs in the Mod Picker are lists of the mods you've picked in it, nothing more.

Matrix and coax: Does the registry value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\Software\Longbow Digital Arts\Tread Marks 1.5 point to the correct location for TM? Are your mods located in *TM dir*\Addons\Entities\Weapon or *TM dir*\Addons\Entities\PowerUp? Is TM located on a drive other than C? If all those seem OK, send me an email with everything you can think of about TM on your machine, and I'll see what I can do.

Just to confirm: It did work for some people, right? It's not one of those bugs that makes it work on no computers except mine, is it?

It's also possible that the differences are caused because my copy of TM came from the UK, and since that version has trouble patching, there may be other differences (in registry key maybe?) that cause trouble here as well. The Mod Picker is supposed to pop up an error if it can't find your registry entry....

[This message has been edited by Mysterial (edited December 26, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2001 04:29 AM            
my TM folder is located here C:\Tread Marks 1.6 is that a problem ?

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 26, 2001 10:00 AM            
The folder doesn't matter, but the location of the registry key does. Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\Software\Longbow Digital Arts. Then tell me what key(s) are there, and what values they have. For example, my TM has a key "Tread Marks 1.5" in there with a value "LaunchPath" that contains the location of Tread Marks on my system. If your registry key is different for some reason that would explain the Mod Picker not working properly.

IP:

swisher
posted December 26, 2001 08:15 PM            
Everything seems to be order for me, but i see nothing on the "Tread Marks Mod Picker" window.

My LaunchPath is "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Treadmarks.exe" in registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Longbow Digital Arts\Tread Marks 1.5

I have a folder named "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Addons\Entities\Weapon" and "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Addons\Entities\PowerUp"

Perhpas there are some casing issues? If my folder is "Weapon" and yours is "weapon", perhaps that's a problem. Just a thought.

When I click the "Launch TM" button on the "Tread Marks Mod Picker" window, Tread Marks does launch, so registry path seems okay.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 26, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2001 08:25 PM            
I've checked regedit and my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is the same as yours and swisher. When i click launch TM it doesn't open though.

IP:

KONG
posted December 26, 2001 10:14 PM            
seems to work for me. though it shows the newest install of tm that i did. wich is storm racer. can i change it to show the other Tm directories?

IP:

wolfman
posted December 26, 2001 11:44 PM            
Loaded the mod picker program and it says loaded fine, launches tm no problems - but it does not save any of the mods used at all

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 27, 2001 03:03 AM            
KONG: You'd have to change the registry. At some point, however, I'll add support for having multiple addon folders ("Addons1", "addons2", etc.) to allow you to have multiple mods that use the same filename(s) without need of a seperate installation of TM. That's for a bit in the future though, since for some people even what I've got doesn't work!

wolfman: Did you try saving and loading a config yourself? Also try searching for "current.cfg" with Find Files. That's where the last used config was saved, and it might have ended up in the wrong folder somehow.

Everyone else: Anyone having trouble and using an OS other than Win 95/98? (Especially XP may be a problem)

Other than that, I'll include logging in the next beta (should've done that in the first place) so I can find out exactly what is not working.

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 27, 2001 09:06 PM            
I've uploaded a new version with logging. If you're having trouble, please send me the "debuglog.txt" file that is generated, along with any other info you think might help (OS especially).

IP:

peeeto
posted December 27, 2001 09:33 PM         
awesome utility, Mysterial! i'll try it out when i get a chance...

idea: maybe modders should include a small (~400x300 or smaller) screenshot for each of their mods - like one of a player using a new weapon on an opponent or a quick shot of a new tank, such that your prog can display it when it's selected...? anyone like that idea?

thanks again, Mysterial!

IP:

swisher
posted December 27, 2001 10:20 PM            
Here's my debuglog.txt file:

code:

Logging Started Thu Dec 27 21:18:50 2001

Scanning folder C:\Program Files\Tr\Addons\Entities\Weapon\:
Folder scan complete.
Scanning folder C:\Program Files\Tr\Addons\Entities\PowerUp\:
Folder scan complete.
TM Launch initiated: move inactive files.
TM ended: return inactive files.

Log File Closed at Thu Dec 27 21:19:48 2001

------------------------------------------

Looks like it's looking for only "\Tr\" instead of "\Tread Marks 1.5\"

------------------
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 27, 2001).]

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 28, 2001 02:14 AM            
Thanks, swisher. That might be enough for me to figure it out.

Does anyone have as their TM's path C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5 and have it (the Mod Picker) working? If so, please post your log file.

With any luck, I'll have this bug crushed by the new year.

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 29, 2001 10:05 AM            
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

When I was cutting the "treadmarks.exe" out of the launch path to create the addons path I did it by searching for the "." before the "exe". This worked for me, because I cut the 1.5 out of the folder name when I installed it. But it doesn't work for people who used the defaults.

Why did I search for the period instead of just taking the length of the string and subtracting the length of "treadmarks.exe"? I have no idea, but I'm sure I had a good reason at the time.....

I'll have an updated version up later today or tomarrow.

[This message has been edited by Mysterial (edited December 29, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2001 12:10 PM            
Cool.

------------------
BWL/MG

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 29, 2001 01:05 PM            
OK, I uploaded the new version. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2001 04:12 PM            
Works for me now. Thanks, Mysterial

------------------
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 29, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted January 04, 2002 02:38 PM            
I can't get to the site.

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

wolfman
posted January 04, 2002 04:36 PM            
Works for me as well - THANKS

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 04, 2002 06:04 PM            
The web server my site is on is down for a while because it's being upgraded.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to put the program on their web page, just email me the site so I can keep track of where it is and email back when it is updated.

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 04, 2002 06:22 PM            
Just sent you an email

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2