|
Author Topic:   An Old Favorite
Mysterial
posted December 15, 2001 10:32 AM            
For my first attempt at modding TM, I created the standard homing missle, which oddly seemed to be missing

I'm sure lots of people have done something similar, but I'm hoping someone will comment on it because I want to get an idea of what's considered fair and balanced, and what isn't.

You can get it here.

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 15, 2001 12:47 PM            
Nice Weapon! I like homing weapons.

It's just a hair unbalanced. IMO, it either needs less damage per weapon or a hair less tracking or maybe a hair less range. It's good that they explode in mid air at mid to long range so's not to chase you all over the place. As is, I just sat on the side of the slope, on that hill, in the middle of the field of Misquito map and pointed up in the air and just started killing everybody in the field.

There is a good balance in there somewhere for this weapon.

Wow Mysterial, I looked at your ent file, you mod like you've done this before. Completely error free, I like that.

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 15, 2001 01:34 PM            
I mod lots of games. It's a good way to get acquainted with game programming before trying to go all the way and create a game yourself.

Which do you think would make it more balanced:
-Reducing damage to 0.4
-Reduce homing slighly
-Reduce speed from 50 to 40
-Reduce amount per pack to 4
?

BTW, where the heck is the quote button?!

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 15, 2001 01:53 PM         
Sorry, no quote button in this version of UBB...

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 15, 2001 02:29 PM            
Cool I haven't seen you play yet, just wondering. Most ppl will turn the game on before they actually start to mod it.

I would not lower the speed, maybe the ammo. I would only put enough ammo in there to kill one tank. Like the dirtball, just enough to kill one tank if you make every hit, same with the wasp.

Then just play around with the damage till they match. Maybe leave the homing where it is since it is a ''homing missile''.

FAQ /forums/archive/ubb/faq.html

UBB Code (quotes) /forums/archive/ubb/ubbcode.html

[EDIT]
PS: Welcome to the community

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 15, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted December 15, 2001 03:19 PM            
most of the stock weapons have sufficent ammo to frag 2 tanks maybe 3 the weapons of mass destruction impose a hefty reload time or a range limit. mostly they require about 4 sec.s or more to destroy a tank. just give you some ideas on how to balance yourt mods

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 15, 2001 03:40 PM            
I have played online a little, but people generally aren't on when I am, so its not easy

I'll probably reduce the ammo to 4, but I'm going to play with it a little and see how the different attributes affect balancing before I decide for sure.

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 15, 2001 04:07 PM            
Adjusting the reload time, like Rex said, might be an good thing to factor in too.

Post again when you have made adjustments. It's going to be a cool little wep'.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 15, 2001 04:45 PM            
Good to cya posting, M. I thought mebbe u were Vlad the other day on the server tryin' to be incognito and get feedback-lol. Guess not.

Anyhoo, I'll try it out .

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 15, 2001 08:52 PM            
good to hasve you in the community Mysterial

have a brows round www.dmf.filetap.com and consider joining or sending over a bio for the photo album

also check out the STORM Mod Page and the general Mods page which holds screenshots of the bz mod.

IP:

JVortex
posted December 16, 2001 02:21 AM            
hi there, welcome aboard! nice to see a new modder, especially one who appreciates clean files .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 18, 2001 11:43 AM            
I uploaded the new version. Ammo is reduced from 5 to 4 and reload is increased from 1.5 seconds to 2.0

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 18, 2001 02:31 PM            
Excellent!!! Just right for a modded SSO DDM.

IP:

Moriarty
posted December 19, 2001 08:11 AM            
I like that weapon, too. I'll have to try the new version.
Does anyone else feel that there should be a texture option in the weapon ent allowing you to give it a slightly different color or to tint it? That way you could make SSO weapons that still allow you to know what exactly that other tank is pointing at you
The different flare for the missiles was a good idea, Mysterial!

------------------
I doubt, therefore I might be.

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 19, 2001 02:44 PM            
Thanks!

IP: