|
Author Topic:   All Weapon Modders: READ!
A2597
posted December 12, 2001 03:39 PM            
OK, seeing as how very few modders are including tutorial ents for their weapons, but more are begining to, we need to organize this.

As each tutorial ent needs it's own ID, there is a chance of two people using the SAME id number, not good.

so, I propose that all modders are assigned their own ID number ranges.
EX:

A2597: 1100 - 1199

JVortex: 1200 - 1299

etc.

if anyone ever even MAKES more then 100 weapons, just go for another ID number set.

to make this work, EVERYONE has to post here and claim a numberset.

To start, I'll claim 1100 - 1199

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

Rex R
posted December 13, 2001 02:36 AM            
ok dunno if I'll be making many more weaps but, I'll claim 1800-1899

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted December 13, 2001 06:00 AM            
Hi All,
It's my first time (be gentle with me
Just one question Who's keeping the master list for the owners and ID's

IP:

A2597
posted December 13, 2001 09:27 AM            
I will.

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

Moriarty
posted December 13, 2001 12:40 PM            
I go for the 1700 - 1799.

which reminds me that I really should start doing tutorials for my weapons
thanks for this great idea!

------------------
I doubt, therefore I might be.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted December 15, 2001 02:47 PM            
JV: You going to add tutorials for the FTnCD mods? There are about...oh...100+ of them.

I started...then my comp crashed and I lost it all...

Haven't even got the FTnCD mod reinstalled (though I have it...bugs and all!)

IP:

JVortex
posted December 16, 2001 02:17 AM            
i havent even gotten to tearing into that set yet . been buisy on the SR pack. but no, i dont think ill make THAT many tut files, hehe. i may not even get around to making them for the SR weaponry, tho ill sure try, hehe.

IP:

LordDrow
posted December 16, 2001 02:43 AM            
I will take the 2100 to 2199 series A2597, and do me a favor, send any info regarding how the mode tutorials are being set up so that I know how to lay things out in my ent files.

Send the info to lord_drow@hotmail.com

Thanks!

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Mysterial
posted December 16, 2001 03:50 AM            
I haven't even touched the tutorial stuff yet, but I'll take 2400-2499 in preparation for doing so.

IP:

Vlad
posted January 17, 2002 09:51 AM            
I'll take 1500-1599.

EDIT: I've been working on making Tutorials for my stuff, and I just noticed that TM doesn't seem to allow Scalematrix within the Tutorial class. This is a bit of a problem, seeing as how quite a few of my weapons use Scalematrix to avoid making them look like a stock weapon with a different texture. Does anybody know how to fix this? The only thing I could think of trying was to make a mesh-class ent, scalematrix that to taste, then use that as a secent to an invisible mesh for the tutorial. However, it appears that ScaleMatrix doesn't work in the Mesh class, either! Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Vlad (edited January 17, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted January 18, 2002 11:37 AM            
Whats the purpose of having ID's? If people would stop useing the same names with there weapons that would work just fine. I mean, it's not like i'm gonna search for weapons by there ID numbers. A simple tutorial is all you'll need.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Vlad
posted January 18, 2002 12:00 PM            
Hmmm.. that's actually a good point. I did some messing around with the stock tutorials, and making two with the same IDs actually had no effect.

Sage, the ID numbers tell the Field Manual screen what order to display the tutorial entries. For instance, the keyboard one is displayed first, and has a tutID of 1, the Ramdrill is displayed before the Dirtball because the Ramdrill has an ID of 10 and the Dirtball's is 20.

If anything, we should be thankful that TM still displays tutorial ents that happen to have duplicate IDs.

IP:

A2597
posted January 18, 2002 01:03 PM            
hmm, didn't know it could do that, I still think it'd be best to have our own IDs though...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP: