|
Author Topic:   Supercharged Mods
wolfman
posted December 07, 2001 07:47 PM            
I am curious as to whether it is permissible to post a mod set consisting of various weapon and tank mods that have been further modified - i.e. ammo, reload speed, top speed, etc. I did this on my own pc and it has been a blast (pun intended) - any advice would be most appreciated since I would not want to step on any toes.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 07, 2001 10:41 PM         
i believe that it's OK to do so. just keep in mind a few things:

1) credit the original authors
2) do not use the same file names as the original files and don't call them by the same name (i.e. it would be OK to name your supercharged MRL as "MRL+")
3) do not re-distribute stock files (they simply are not needed)

if you are modifying user-made mods, then you should probably ask the original author before releasing your versions. knowing this community, i can't think of anyone that would object. also, if modifying a user-made mod, you would have to distribute any files that your mod needs (such as textures, models, entities, etc.), but others may already have because they installed the original mod. users can simply allow the replacement of the files, or choose not to have them replaced by your copies. don't bother changing the file names or dates if you haven't made any changes to those files.

hope that helps! we're looking forward to seeing what you've done!

IP:

Rex R
posted December 08, 2001 02:29 AM            
can't speak for the rest of the modders but, peeeto has said most of it. general guide lines
1)its polite to ask the original authors (of weapon mods). it lets them know that you like their work.
2) if you change a file please rename it
3) run your mod through ENTegrty please(we have enough mods with glitches. tho we [dpa] are trying to correct that, please see next item)
4) if your mod is based on another mod please note that some of the currently availible mods have errors that may adversly affect your mod when those errors are corrected. example the DVS True laser mod turns out to be quite lethal after its errors are fixed(yes peeeto, that is a teaser of things to come )
we hope to have the corrected(error free) mods done up before christmas...we'll see

IP:

Karldar
posted December 08, 2001 08:57 AM            
*drooling*

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

peeeto
posted December 08, 2001 12:08 PM         
no wonder i hated the "true laser" so bad... it was defective!

Rex - would you mind reducing the amount of ammo you get with that thing for the final fixed version? as it was released, the weapon was useless & you wanted to get rid of it as fast as you could... but it took forever! now it sounds like it will be too desireable to get that much ammo!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 08, 2001 02:23 PM            
But, actually killing someone with the true laser use to make my day. Because, so much patience and skill went into it.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 08, 2001 09:24 PM            
well now it takes about 12 sec of continuous fire to run out of ammo (roughly 3 tanks). as for changing it...that will have to wait till I get the mods again(lost everything last nite)

IP: