|
Author Topic:   Flag ENTs
coax
Administrator
posted October 20, 2001 11:20 PM            
I played with LDA's new stars and stripes flag almost as immediately as they posted it on their website. Synack did the same too. What was strange was that i could see his flag during gameplay even though I doubt WM had updated his servers yet with it. Is this something everyone already knew, because I was always told that the server needed to host the mod in order to see it?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Rex R
posted October 21, 2001 02:36 AM            
not sure bout this. but I think the server will pass along the ent calls even if the server doesn't have them(however the server spends a good bit of time looking for them)

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 21, 2001 07:26 AM         
Yes, you can see your own custom flag, regardless of whether the server has it or not...
Fortunately, mods the server doesn't have don't have any effect on other players connected to the same server (except for increased lag, of course )

IP:

Vlad
posted October 21, 2001 08:34 AM            
It'd be nice if a flag update was included in the next TM patch (if there is one). There's enough custom flags out there now to make it worthwhile.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 21, 2001 02:08 PM            
I think LDA did include custom flags in their patch. I had to reinstall TM from scratch in a new laptop my gf just bought and it had custom flags on it?

IP:

Rex R
posted October 21, 2001 08:34 PM            
alas if you don't manually delete the tread marks folders(after uninstalling) any and all mods textures etc. that you have had installed will still be there after you reinstall.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 21, 2001 09:16 PM            
the laptop never had Tread Marks on it before. Maybe it was the server that put them in there?

IP: