|
Author Topic:   New weapon
Ixiaus
posted October 20, 2001 03:46 PM            
I just made a Nuclear Airstrike, im new to TM so this has probably been made already. cya'all later

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 20, 2001 04:16 PM            
Yes it has, it's called the Atom Bomb, oh and welcome. Listen, for a list of mods to download, go here
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/NeoKi_TM_site/index.html

and here: http://neogenki.tripod.com/ZyonTMSite/
and here: http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/Index.html

The first two are mine. and The other one is JVortex's

------------------
Sushi

IP:

JVortex
posted October 20, 2001 07:20 PM            
welcome aboard! nice to see new players joining the ranks, especially new modders .

be aware tho, especially with nukes, that youre not allowed to re-release stock TM files. so make sure that you dont have normal nuke ent files in there, or the models and bmp texture. link into the stock files if the weapon uses them.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming...

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited October 20, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted October 20, 2001 09:33 PM            
...not to mention that it's just sloppy modding if you release unneccesary files in your zips (especially textures/meshes/etc).

IP:

peeeto
posted October 22, 2001 03:05 PM         
JV - i thought it was OK to use the stock stuff if LDA is acknowledged in a README file, no?

- and welcome Ixiaus! JV and Vlad are correct in reminding us that stock ENTs do not need to be included in a mod archive... the mod files need only to refer to any stock files needed for the mod.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 23, 2001 12:25 AM            
oh, its ok to use the files by linking to them as long as the ent files themselves arent included in the weapons zip file. so linking to the Bullet.ent explo file is fine, but including it in a mod is not ok.

also i was just reminding not to include the nukes model or texture files since that is a specific no no, as is any other artwork.

the thing w/ giving credit to LDA was when you make an ent file based on one of theirs that it would be nice to put something like "original file by LDA, modified by so and so". or something like that.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 02:05 AM            
there is a practical reason to not include 'stock' meshes and artwork. it makes the archive smaller

IP:

Ixiaus
posted October 29, 2001 07:00 PM            
thanx for the welcome, im coming from the BattleZone community, im waiting for one of their mods and im also excited about the Battlezone mod for TM, and im also thinking of starting up my own mod for TM sooner or later! o n thnx for the reminder on the copyrite issues. peace.

IP:

oli2808
posted November 05, 2001 12:17 PM            
Hi there, always nice to see a new modder

IP: