|
Author Topic:   Custom Mesh
Kevlar
posted October 14, 2001 02:20 PM            
I made the custom mesh with milkshape3d for a map and exported it as lwo, put it in the sculpture folder then set up the ent file making sure the path to mesh is correct and path to texture is correct but it does not seamed to be working. All the other ent file entries look correct, scale, ground offset, etc.

Everything looks ok, it appears to load in tmapper but when I open the map in TM it does not show up at all. Or is this even possible to do.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 14, 2001 07:49 PM            
question; is the mesh triangulated? if so, try adding this line to the ent
cullface = 0
if it shows up then, your normals/faces need to be flipped. Lithiums mapper can triangulate your mesh if needed
HTH
edit
had the line wrong(me bad)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited October 14, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted October 14, 2001 08:42 PM            
be sure your texture path is correct. if there is an error in the texture path it can cause a mesh to not be displayed.

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 15, 2001 02:40 AM            
Well it turned out to be neither.

Since the custom mesh was a type of flagpole I called it ''flagpole'' for the type.
class = mesh
type = flagpole

Well I figured out you cannot have two ''type='' names that are the same. I did not even realize there is a default mesh called flagpole. Thing is, its lwo is called pole.lwo, so I never connected the possible name conflict. Changed the type name now it works. Probably a dumb mistake, but one I won't make again.

I tested out the triangulation theory by just renaming mine a Monolith a default mesh and placing its folder temporarily. It loaded so I knew it was nothing wrong with the file so after checking and rechecking the paths I accidently named my custom mesh type to the type name of Monolith and then Monolith would not load , so bam that was it.

Thanks for the input though every little bit helps when your trying to debug these things.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 15, 2001 03:12 AM            
those ents can bite you if you're not careful. nice to read that its all better now.

IP: