|
Author Topic:   modded file names a suggestion
Rex R
posted October 01, 2001 03:07 AM            
what with all the new modders starting to make their presence known.
I would like to propose a standard naming convention. rather simple really in the future all of my mod files will have as a prefix my initials. as an example the 40mm.ent would now be RR40mm.ent and so on. not only will this increase the number of names availible for use it will decrease the likelyhood of duplication of names. it should help identify the author of a mod.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 01, 2001 12:13 PM            
not too bad of an idea. tho i think ill start that AFTER the storm pack. current ent file count 390!. thats a lot of files to rename .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 01, 2001 01:45 PM         
you know what would be cool? if you can have a program that changes the name of a file and hunts down all references to the file and changes it there, too. You can do a slow version by doing a "search for text containing" in windows. Swish?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 01, 2001 09:18 PM            
heh i used to do that on wordstar 1512 long ago - im sure you can still do it....... ive not done that in 15 years - maybe its one of those tools that got forgotten in MS's rise to power !

IP:

JVortex
posted October 02, 2001 02:05 AM            
UE32 can do find and replace like that in multiple documents. so can many HTML editors. theres a few text editors like Xfind that i think can do it as well

IP: