|
Author Topic:   A Request to modders
Rex R
posted September 30, 2001 04:33 AM            
I would like to request that all modded files have names other than the ones the game uses. example if you have come up with a neat tank gun projectile please do not name it tankgun1 make it tankgun1a if you must and limit its use to say your fav tank, much like the lance or the dual tank gun mod. likewise if you find a neat sound try to limit it to your mod, least till the comunity has a chance to try it
edit speeling

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited September 30, 2001).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 30, 2001 05:56 PM            
Rex,

Could you please tell me the name of that "bugger" ( ) of a sound file again and how to get to it and change it? The bass is too much! It's tweaking my woofer. Thanks.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 30, 2001 07:37 PM            
if its the one I'm thinking of, there are at least 2 ways of finding it 1)wndows; find slowexplo.wav 2)windows explorer navigate to program files/tread marks1.5/addons/sound/explo/slowexplo.wav once you find it you can A)delete it or b)change the name. example slowexplo.bak. make sure that it is the one residing in your addons folder NOT the one in your main TM folder

IP:

JVortex
posted October 01, 2001 12:54 AM            
as an alternative you could open up
TM/Entities/Sound/ExploLong.ent
and change the volume from 1.0 to say something like 0.4.

the slowexplo.wav file is listed in there as an altsound, commenting out that line will remove the sound as well.

IP:

Irascible
posted October 01, 2001 02:32 AM            
Either one works good. Thanks.
But was there something about the sound itself that was changed? If so, is there a way to get it back?

IP:

VorDesigns
posted October 23, 2001 08:40 PM            
I suggest BOSE equipment or some old A7 theater speakers. That should fix it.

Vortex the Barbarian

IP: