This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Little help? Which of these mods are current, etc.?
Irascible
posted September 26, 2001 12:59 AM            
I'm getting this collection of downloads. Some are probably obsolete and I'm probably missing some. If anyone can tell me what I'm missing (I mean in terms of the game!) or what is obsolete, I'd appreciate it. Here's what I have:

dasMIRVII.zip
dasTornado.zip
DMF_Flagpack_1.zip
dvsduke36a1.zip
IO Base Beta.zip
Mapsalot part1.zip
Mapsalot part2.zip
NeonServer.zip
Newest Kasplattt Addons.rar
ngukKasplatttpackV2.zip
ngukKasplatttpackV2__PATCH.zip
Plasma_Shovel.zip
Poppinfreshmaps.zip
Poppinfreshmaps.zip
Tanksalot part 1.zip
Tanksalot part 2.zip

Some of those individual mods are probably included in some of the packs. Thanks for the help.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 30, 2001 06:24 PM            
listenm, just go to me and kongs site: http://tmkong.tripod.com/tmk/
and http://danielsanders.tripod.com/NeoKi_TM_site/

kongs site has new maps, and I have new game mods.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 01, 2001 10:06 AM         
As a server, I suffer from Diarehha of the mod packs
Mapsalot part1.zip
Mapsalot part2.zip
NeonServer.zip
Tanksalot part 1.zip
Tanksalot part 2.zip

are all old servers that I won't be hosting again any time soon. You should save them tho, cause they have good versions of lots of mods. Take a look at the readmes to see what they contain.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 23, 2001 03:32 AM            
We need to make a GOD zip.

It has every map, mod texture, and ent one needs to run a modded TreadMarks game.

Someone should really look into this. It would take a mod junkie thats familiar with all the mods around 1 day to compile it into a master zip, and if I promise to keep it updated with all the new mods that come out it'll be my responcibillity.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 23, 2001 11:45 AM            
good in theory coax - but us 56k ppl wont be able to keep up !

IP:

JVortex
posted October 23, 2001 02:26 PM            
well it would still work ok, would just need to have a link to the main file with EVERYTHING in it that has been made up til now. then lower on the page just provide links to the newer files as they come out. then once in a while update the main pack but still have those links there.

i hate 56K...

LINK - main big mod pack w/ everything as of DATE HERE

WEAPON FILE - date - short desc
MAP FILE - date - short desc
TANK FILE - date - short desc

somehting like that, it should work ok.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

Paranor
posted October 23, 2001 02:45 PM            
Doesn't JV's site have nearly all of the mods? Add in Neoki, DVS and who else? But I suppose that is the question.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 24, 2001 12:13 AM            
ya, my site has about 90% of all the mods out there, including the older ones. about all im missing is a few of the newer ones. aside from that theres kong and his maps, i dont bother w/ the maps cause i dont have the server space.

between my site and kongs you can get 99% of everything you need.

i believe that supers yahoo group has almost everything as well.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

Ixiaus
posted October 29, 2001 11:01 PM            
Ahmm i dunno whos the crazy programmer here, but maby if u coupled a few programmers together (i program but not very much experiance) and made a mod manager, that would download Mods, maps, etc from a site, and of course it would prompt you, all kindsa ideas i have on this, but it would be a big project, we came close to that kinda thing in BZ community, but u couldn't download stufffrom sites. Just an idea. later.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 30, 2001 01:20 AM            
that idea was worked on a while back. a program to scan files, compare, see what was missing and then d load and install from a site if you so wished for it to. it as of now couldnt be done, tho i dont recall why (im not a programmer at all...)

something about the program wouldnt be able to scan and read server info or something, sorry, dont remember.

IP:

Irascible
posted November 07, 2001 03:22 AM            
Thanks for the replies. I would pay money for a God zip - but probably not enough to make it worth someone's while. I'm sure it would be a lot of work.

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 07, 2001 01:00 PM            
Well pay up, because I just started a weapons master zip. Hopefully no one else has.

Right now I have 72 weapons in the master zip. I am making a master zip that contains one huge AddOns directory, and one that contains individual zips for when someone needs only specific weapons to create a server pack or whatever. I am also making one self extracting file.

I still have to collect some of the newer one's. Then I will start on a Tank Master Zip and then a maps file whenever Kong collects all the maps or he may want to do the master maps zip since his new site will eventually have all of them.

I have changed the names of all of the zip files that I have collected. The authors name is now at the beginning and weapon name is at the end. This makes it easy for me to figure out which weapons I have of a particular author.
Example:
Author_Weapon-name.zip

Send me any new weapons that you want in the file that are not in the list below. Or send me a direct link. I will maintain the file but I will need authors to send me there new ones when they release them. So if you have any weapons that are not on the list that you want in the master as of now, send them to me, I am thru hunting. And your weapons must be in the proper directory structure in the zip file.

I will post the master zip and if anybody wants to, they can put a link to it on their site, that way we do not end up with several versions of the file.

Click here to see the text file that will accompany the master zip.

[Edit]
I will also set up an area on my new site with individual zips of the files, for 56k ppl.

[Edit2]
Make that 75 now.
[Edit3]
Make that 76 now.
[Edit4]
Make that 80 now.
[Edit5]
Make that 81 now.
[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited November 08, 2001).]
[Edit6]
Make that 84 now.
[Edit7]
Make that 85 now.
[Edit8]
Make that 90 now.

[Edit]
Removed old list link

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 07, 2001).]

IP:

A2597
posted November 07, 2001 08:30 PM            
hmm, definetly give it it's own Addons directory, I have almost all the weapons, but skiped a few that I find just annoying.
(Including one of my own weapons! The Chaos, LOL)

Sounds good folkes.

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

Irascible
posted November 07, 2001 09:28 PM            
(voice of Homer after he became head of the union and learned he could make lots of dough if he was corrupt... man that was a long setup)
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Do you have a PayPal account that corresponds to your email Kev? If the zip pans out I'll, donate. Seriously!
Be sure to make a big braggadocios post when it's ready.

Edit: Make A2597 give up his ice ball and land mine.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited November 07, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 07, 2001 10:19 PM            
I will let everyone know when it looks like I have all the latest.

And I tested A2597's latest weap's so I already have them, including the fixed Mirvs of Steel and as soon as he gives the ok on the ice ball its in there too. (What about it A25.. is the latest you sent ready for release?) NeoKi has one more out there too.

And if any of you see something that is not on the list let me know. Or if I have left out any authors. I had most of them burned to a CD to begin with.

And Ras, you can just send cash

IP:

Irascible
posted November 13, 2001 10:01 PM            
Kevlar,

You probably already looked into it - but I was just on the boomstick server for the first time and it has some kickbutt mods I've never seen before. It would never work online (two of us on that server and it still lagged), but when I play offline it would be awesome to have. Thanks for all the work.

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 12:53 AM            
I am about finished with the weapons master file, 90 weapons so far.

I downloaded the boomstick addon zip I'll
have to wade thru it to see whats different. I'll let you know.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 14, 2001 01:47 AM            
heh looks like the 'tri-mirv nuke'(DVSDuke) didn't make the list yet. ok I'll fish it out and send you one, email that is
got it dug out of my archives but, it is gonna take me a bit to bring it up to current naming standards. say a day or so

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited November 14, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 07:33 AM            
Cool, Rex, Send it.
Any of them can go in the pack even if they are not used on the servers, ppl can still use them in single play. I don't think I have seen the Tri-nuke. What's it do? Beside being a nuke, I mean.

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 09:22 AM            
Now up to 93.

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 11:37 AM            
Let's make that 98, two more and we break 100!

[EDIT]
Removed old master list link

IP:

Rex R
posted November 14, 2001 12:58 PM            
heheh it should be in your box. its 4, 4, 4 nukes in 1. yes you can frag yourself numerous times with 1 weapon

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 01:04 PM            
Thanks Rex, Got it, that makes the count 99 now.

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 02:32 PM            
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.
Killer's Wave Motion Cannon makes it 100 weapons!

[Edit:]
Finally got a chance to test it.
And for those of you wondering what a Wave Motion Cannon does:

*** [EDIT] Removed the old animated image link *** [Dec 7, 01]

More like a Nuclear Tornado, talk about a lake maker.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited November 14, 2001).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 14, 2001 04:20 PM            
Sounds cool...

Be neat if you made indications of the mods that are net server friendly...that way if anyone wanted to put up a net server, they would know which ones NOT to put in. Thanks.

If putting together a LAN server, would all of these work without lagging?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2