|
Author Topic:   New Mods Server
The Weatherman
posted September 23, 2001 02:29 PM         
New server time again! Here are the relatively recent mods (~1 mo old) I am featuring in the New Mods Server. If you have a new mod and would like it served, please send me a download link. I hope to have it up on Monday.

ctfchevron.zip Map by Kong
bucyrus.zip Map by Kong
ctfcupandsaucer.zip Map by Kong
cupandsaucer.zip Map by Kong
dmbloodworm.zip Map by Kong
dmpitbull.zip Map by Kong
dmslowroller.zip Map by Kong
invader.zip Map by Tureheart
lance1a.zip Weapon and tanks mod by Rex
MirvesofSteel.ZIP Weapon by A2597
monumentvalley.zip Map by Kong
roundup.zip Map by Sailor
soulsniper.zip Map by Kong
tothetop.zip Map by Kong
Xdriver.zip Weapon by NeoKi
Yueri_Mole.zip Weapon by NeoKi
Bazooka Weapon by Neoki

Edit: changed linup
------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 23, 2001).]

IP:

A2597
posted September 23, 2001 06:34 PM            
cool. my weapon made it on there...

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 23, 2001 06:38 PM            
I take it the weapons are server side only or do we have to have a copy of the file in our Addons directory. I know the maps we will have to download and install, but I was wondering about the weapons specifically.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 23, 2001 07:39 PM            
can't say about mirvs of steel but the 'lance1a.zip' could be SSO(I'm guessing that it is not set up that way) as 95% of it uses stock parts, really there is only 1 sprite that is new

IP:

Rex R
posted September 24, 2001 02:40 AM            
okay so where does one get the; xdriver, yueri_mole, bazooka mods? seemed like all the places I went had dead links.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 24, 2001 11:24 AM            
Ok all, my site as some of you may know has some dead links. So if you want the weapons. just ICQ me @ 128804221, and 'll send them to you, or email me @
Shiroi-Genki@excite.com Also, WM will have a server list with the weapons, probably on his site.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 24, 2001 11:24 AM         
I will host a monolithic serverpack . It will have corrected mods for some of the weapons. I will also serve a weapons only pack for the people with maps

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 24, 2001 11:47 AM         
I have an Entegrety procedure that all modders should follow before releasing mods. Please use it as it will make servering your mods much easier.

1. move or rename your addons folder in your TM root directory.

2. move your new mod and all associated files into an empty addon folder with the proper structure.

3.Run Entegrety until there are no more Red errors.

4.Use entegrety's zip feature to package your mod for distribution.

You can get Swisher's Entegrety here http://www.users.qwest.net/~llynne1/entegrety/ .

IP:

Rex R
posted September 24, 2001 12:49 PM            
WM sent ya a corrected weapon. weapon pak sounds good (went and collected the maps last nite)

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 24, 2001 02:31 PM            
It seems that WM's will not be up 2night, I repeat: WM's will not be up 2night. He told me that It will be up 2morrow instead. Thank you, and that is all.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 25, 2001 02:13 PM         
Okay the new Poppin' Fresh Server is up.
Here is the poop: http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/Poppinfreshreadme.htm

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved ;)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 25, 2001 07:33 PM         
The Master server seems to be down. You can still acces my server by typing in the ip directly
it is 146.6.118.73:12200
Type it in right below where all of the server should appear on the screen (not the master server address) and hit start

IP:

Rex R
posted September 26, 2001 01:30 AM            
right. the kinetic lance was designed with jousting in mind, as such it has a rather short range (20 meters) however it has all the damage and kick of a mass driver. it is used as a main gun replacement ammo. so you aim your turret and when a nother tank gets close, whammo! originally I was going to increase the range for non jousting till I saw how well it works as is. in case you're wondering 20 meters is roughly twice as long as a ramdrill sooo if someone comes after you with one in tight quarters you had best make your 1st shot count. as for defense thats simple, 'just stay more than 20 meters away'(course if you get hit by it that kinda solves getting out of range )

IP:

Rex R
posted September 26, 2001 04:22 AM            
like the vulcan cannon (even if it doesn't sound quite right, should have a bit more rasp and a tad higher pitch)

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 28, 2001 11:44 AM            
Rex, I guessed Smok-in Lou told you that the sound you here is the real sound you would hear.
A29~ What's with the Mirvs of Steel, is this a Superman joke? Up, up and away!!!!!

------------------
Echoes from the Void
http://www.ssgnet.com

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 28, 2001 12:13 PM         
I suspect what is happening is that you are not skilled enough to use the Mirvs of Steel . Hmmm, yeah, let me take a look at it again.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 28, 2001 03:20 PM            
but you see I have heard a vulcan fireing up close an personal (well 100 feet away)we both agree that the sound isn't quite right however, its prolly the closest we'll find('sides I were picking nits)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 29, 2001 02:33 PM         
Anyboday have anything to say about the new maps or weapons? Feedback is necessary to help the modders improve their craft (motivates, too). Please respond and at least give your favorite new map and weapon.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 29, 2001 03:44 PM            
yeah, wht did you think of JV's and my Phaser. The idea came from Jvortex. Also WM,
Put the plasma shock wave on the server. It's completly server friendly. It's even more server friendly then the bazooka.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Rex R
posted October 02, 2001 01:40 AM            
think you can prolly bump the weight up a tad on the artillery(maybe 5 points)

IP: