|
Author Topic:   Has anyone tried this...?
BamZipPow
posted September 20, 2001 04:11 AM            
Great DM tonight!

Just a thought...has anyone thought of making a "fake" nuke for the game? It would be great to see these babies fly and see the victim guess if it was a real one or a fake one. Then it could really be a Bam-Zip-Pow!!!

I guess you could always put some text on the missle that would indicate a fake nuke instead. But that would mean that you would have to read the instructions before picking it up.

Your thoughts on this...?

BamZipPow

IP:

Rex R
posted September 20, 2001 04:58 AM            
I've thought that a 'nuke' that had the great explosion/sound effects of a nuke but, damage/kick/crater of a tankgun round wound be fun. perhaps give it a name like; Le Bomb Nuclear non

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited September 20, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 20, 2001 11:02 AM            
fake nukes, fake ramdrills ! sod this KILLE M ALL !!!!

MORE NUKES 5 Meggers !!!!

Id love to see a 5 meg nuke combined with the shockwave effect and a smoke spewer at the bottom - now that would make an AWESOME nuke upgrade

If you could really push - and if its possible - a yellow/red trans mushroom cloud rising thru the middle (a vector mesh of course) whick reaches full hight then fades.

combine with the DAS TORNADO and you will have one MUTHA of a weapon - laggy online but HELL WHAT A RUSH !

IP:

Vlad
posted September 20, 2001 07:45 PM            
Hey, don't knock the Trick RamDrill, man...

That thing's quite nasty, especially if you manage to get a superammo... Not many people know this, but instead of giving you extra shots, superammos make the Trick RamDrill's one shot more powerful. A Level 3 TRD shot is pretty much guaranteed to kill.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 20, 2001 08:11 PM            
!!!! but it just explodes on the side of the tank when u stab the mouse tit....???

IP:

JVortex
posted September 21, 2001 01:08 AM            
In defence of the trick drill:

when u see someone armed w/ a drill you normally have no fear if youre at a distance and preparing to shoot X weapon at them. you stop and take a little longer to aim your shot knowing you have the time before they can close w/ in attack range. and while youre aiming so are they...

you think youre safe and out of danger, so you shoot. and then BANG! a drill in your face. a split second after you fire the guy w/ the drill shoots the drill at you. the kick from the drill also knocks your target out of your line of fire, so you miss since that tank skipped off to the side. and you thought u had an easy kill all along.

i think its a handy/ cool weapon

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted September 21, 2001 08:36 PM            
JV always has to say something that is long and well long hehehe

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 22, 2001 11:04 AM            
Well here's something funny, I thought I would be cool to change the sound the tank makes when it get blown up. Well I chose this
Dragon Ball Z (A.K.A. DBZ) sound which says:
I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS, YOU WON'T ESCAPE....MY WRATH!!!!! So like every second you hear this, it's so funny. You can get it here. Select, open file from current location to just here it. I have anthoer sound that goes: Why does this always happen to me, but havn't put it up.
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/NeoKi_TM_site/id7.html

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 22, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted October 03, 2001 01:51 AM            
to resume this topic... i have a "fake nuke" of sorts in the storm pack now, its rather interesting, and can really screw with your head while youre playing! lol. head over to my site at www.treadmarks.de/bzrpg/ and head into the Storm Racer section to look at the Storm Pack weapons. give the Multi-Phasic Nuke a look-see.

just when you get used to a nuke that isnt directly deadly then a real one comes at you, you dont bother to run off and BOOOOM, nuke in your arse, hehe. i likes it.

[insert shameless Storm Pack plug here, lol]

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP: