|
Author Topic:   jousting
Rex R
posted September 09, 2001 04:41 AM            
how about this, have a map set with a long flat area say 100 meters or so with a low wall(giving you a divided road effect) down the middle of this area. next give 1 or more tanks a modded mass driver for a tank gun(range say 10-15 meters, no damage lots of kick) then have a joust tourney

IP:

ARES
posted September 09, 2001 07:37 AM            
I think u may be on to something here.Tanks should have a bullseye either on the front or the side to add a little bit of a difficulty factor or skill factor.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2001 11:17 AM            
RexR:
Interesting idea for the map. But don't make damage=0. Just have it set with 2 teams. If people want to play with Damage=0, play on the same team with TeamDamage turned off. Thats how we play when jousting on other maps.

Ares:
Tanks have a targeting skill already. The tanks armor is a variable feild that is strongest in the front and top and weekest in the back and bottom. By skillfully hitting a tank, you can kill with about 2/3rds the number of shots that would otherwise be required (thats how 2 dualing tankguns result in one tank dieing first often - the skilled player usually lives).

--RC

IP:

ARES
posted September 09, 2001 02:40 PM            
Ok,i c,never thought of that,Thnx

IP:

Rex R
posted September 11, 2001 03:13 AM            
ok so now I have the lance done up, new sprite. range 20m as a tank gun projectile. have it applied to 3 tanks(ones not normally used). also have an artillery gun.

IP: