|
Author Topic:   Where's my modifications?? (server wiggyness questions:)
Throckmorton
posted September 08, 2001 11:16 PM            
Tonight I added the lobber (rust bomb) to my Addons folder. It is the only addon I have.

But it doesn't show up on my server. How do I make it appear?

FYI, it does appear when I play "single game" offline, and it works.

Is there something I must do to make the server "notice" it?

Where is the best site on the internet to learn about modding TM?

IP:

KONG
posted September 08, 2001 11:23 PM            
try this:

http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/Index.html

or this: http://www.btinternet.com/~roy.bland1/blandy/website/index.htm

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 08, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted September 09, 2001 01:09 AM            
i set the weight on the lobber lower than average, its only set to 80 so it doesnt show quite as often as most weapons. it may just be coincidence that its not showing up on the server. try giving it some time and see if it shows. play like 3 games on the server, sit at a spawn point for a while or what have you.

playing offline should be EXACTLY the same as your servers config when its online.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

KONG
posted September 09, 2001 01:27 AM            
was just on the server, i got it twice within a minute at 2 seperate points

IP:

Throckmorton
posted September 09, 2001 08:58 AM            
Ok. Good.

Then it was just a fluke that I didn't see it.

The weight is set to 200 (because I wanted to practice lobbing)

Here's a thought:
Maybe the AI tanks aren't intelligent enough to use the lobber since it was added after the AI was coded??? I'll post this question seperately...

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2001 11:20 AM            
Weapon randomization in TM is a bit erratic. The weight does specify how often that weapon shows up. But TM tends to cluster weapons randomized (if a nuke has just spawned, there will likely be another 1-2 spawn withing the next minute, otherwise you probably won't see one for 10+ minutes). Just comes down to a bad randomizer function in the C compiler they used...and they didn't want to write their own randomizer function.

This problem has been one I've complained about for about 2 years now (since I started playing V[1 beta 2.0])

--RC

IP: