|
Author Topic:   Free 3D program
JVortex
posted September 07, 2001 10:14 PM            
thought i would mention this here for all the would be modders out there. i found a new 3D program that is free today.

im still downloading it so for all i know it will suck or totally not be useable for TM purposses. but knowing me ill forget to post about it later if i dont mention it now. so for better or worse here be the link:
http://web.tiscali.it/GiulianoCornacchiola/Eng/Index.htm

1st impression is that it may work for TM, dont know. anyone who wants to try it post here after u do and let us know whatcha think. ill post here once i get it and have a chance to try it.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

peeeto
posted September 07, 2001 11:06 PM         
it may be useful, but it's modeling capabilities look to be limited... also, let us know what import/export file formats that it supports.

also (again ), let us know if it does UV mapping (although i suspect that Lithium's UnWrapper is the best tool available for that)

<EDIT> ...can't for get to mention Blender now, can we?! likewise, it's free and much more powerful!

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited September 07, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 08, 2001 12:15 PM         
...and the tutorials at http://www.b5-blender.com
are really helpful for a total newbie.
Could use some more documentation on the keyboard commands used, tho.

IP:

JVortex
posted September 08, 2001 12:21 PM            
ok, well i tried it and this one doesnt look like it would work for TM at all. false alarm . blender it is then still i suppose for freeware 3D editors.

IP:

A2597
posted September 13, 2001 12:06 PM            
Heh, I didn't know you guys visited my site...

Eventually I'll get some modeling tutorials on there...working on a few tutorials/models first.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: