|
Author Topic:   Flags
Random Chaos
posted August 25, 2001 10:40 PM            
Ok, I'm looking at making a set of Sheep, Kangaroo, Lion, and Mosquito team flags (3d, not LDA's 2d ones).

Problems:
[list=A]

• Does anyone know whether TM is limited at 6 CTF teams?
  • If not, how do the flag files reference the team set (as in why does the green flag go with the green team - the Team [as in the team flag] does NOT have a Team ID number, though the CTF flag does).
  • If I do this I have to create specialty maps for it.
  • I CAN make CTF flags that ONLY use existing teams or replace existing flags. Not sure about the others above.
  • Tank Soccer: How does one make the Goal not be able to be picked up as a flag and the arrow not point toward it as a flag? (or how to fool the AI on that latter one.)

Yes, I'm back in the game now
    Give me an ICQ message if you want to play. I can snap up a normal server right now also, but I am still working on my more specialized servers.

--RC

IP:

• The Weatherman
    posted August 26, 2001 01:56 PM         
    I don't know what RC is talking about here but I thought this was a good place to reiterate that all new flags MUST be at least submitted to the server keepers (and hopefully posted somewhere) before you use it on their servers! Unknown flags muck up server logs with huge blocks of error messages and no doubt slow performance. Furthermore, other playes can't see your nifty new flag anyway if it is not installed on their machine.
    So far, Matrix keeps a flag pack on his server : http://www.deathmatch-federation.com/
    Please submit new flags there or to Supe's Yahoo site ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treadmarkmods ) so everyone can enjoy you work and servers don't get their skivvies in a bind

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 26, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
    posted August 26, 2001 07:57 PM            
    Actually Weatherman, these would be map side mods - so submitting them to server admins is not as important since if they get the maps they will work on they get the files.

My problem is how to make the animal color (which I don't want to change from default) to match a flag...

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 27, 2001 02:23 PM         
    Hehe, well, good then. Lemme just muddle this flags post by saying your maps are hella cool. I havn't played them all but the ones I have were fun and I got a report of a 8 human 4 team CTF that went down last night. Keep it up, Oldtimer (Or ancient one?)

IP:

Vlad
    posted August 27, 2001 03:29 PM            
    Actually, if you're referring to what I told you, that was just a 2 human, 4 team CTF...

It was just a bit of a grudge match between LordDrow and myself. I kept snagging his flag, so he got ticked and tried to counterattack or just keep me from getting his flag any more.

Let me tell you, it's pretty darn hard to take out a person at the top of a pyramid if you don't have anything like MRLs or R-Grens...

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 27, 2001 04:26 PM         
    Yeah, but in my mind it was a 4 team , 8 human battle royale

IP:

Vlad
    posted August 27, 2001 04:37 PM            
    Man, something like that would be sweet indeed...

It's funny, as soon as you grab ANY of the flags, you suddenly become very popular with every AI on the map. It's really hard to haul up a pyramid with 5 angry AIs and one vengeful human on your tail... great fun, though.

IP: