|
Author Topic:   Uck's Truck (almost) Released
JVortex
posted August 24, 2001 07:28 AM            
well as i said i got bored and decided to do the truck. i think the only real reason why is because the mapping needed to be completely redone from scratch, so it was a "challenge" (same with the texture bmp as well for the most part). took quite a while (especially w/ those multi-angle wheel flares on there! was hard to track down all the bits!).

there are a few areas its lacking;

1) its not scaled propperly yet. the wheels are too small for that "monster truck" effect. but had i of made the body as large as it should be and then the wheels the propper size then it would have been too tall for turret weapons to do ANY good and side boltons may not even work 1/2 the time.

2) the mapping isnt 100% perfect since i did it, but its pretty derned close. if anyone wants to fix it go right ahead.

3) it will need its stats adjusted in the tank ent file. i didnt bother to set the bolton locations at all, so all weapons mount up way out of place and the flag hovers in a wierd spot . speed and accel need tweaked as well. it also has no NameSound set as of yet.

so in general it is not ENTegerety compliant, this is not a full release, its not even a beta release. its a "hey uck, heres your not quite done truck" release .

as of now this is Rex's project so ill send him the file i have. so this thing oughtta be done and released in a few days .

Yes this is nothing but an evil teaser just so i could post another of my long-winded posts. its been a while. and i thought i would post this here for rex to read over, blah blah blah. ok, im done now. back to my project for a few then sleepy time .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 24, 2001 02:30 PM            
quite. got a different turret and weapon in mind and, a leettle surprize bonus to tuck into the archive

IP:

Rex R
posted August 29, 2001 01:50 AM            
JV; uck seems happy with truck as is. so looks like its a go for release

IP:

JVortex
posted August 29, 2001 08:53 AM            
rex, the version that u sent me is the same version that i had shipped off to you. same turret and stock weapon that i did. u said u had a differnt turret in mind. did i get the correct version for release? if so ill get it posted.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 29, 2001 12:26 PM            
if you received the zip dated 8/26/2001 140 kb with flag and jpg that should be the correct version. if not give me a shout and I'll send it to ya

IP:

JVortex
posted August 29, 2001 05:23 PM            
ok, all is good, ill get it posted at some point here soon

------------------

IP: