This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Server side mods
The Weatherman
posted August 10, 2001 07:01 PM         
Can anyone give me a list of server side mods? I have an idea for a demo fun day... just a short term teaser for the demo people.

Apparently, mods work on the demo - talked to someone who plays the tron single player. no real harm in that, of course, as most of the action plays out on stock maps anyway.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Vlad
posted August 10, 2001 07:18 PM            
The ones I can think of offhand...

Shadow Summoner, Acid Cloud, Minethrower, Peacekeeper, Dark Nova, Sheep Brigade, Shatter Missile, Trick Ramdrill, Pure Chaos, Fire Mines, Napalm Strike, Spirit Bomb, Xplosive Dirt, CNuke, Fiery Chaos, Plasma Shield, Particle Driver.

I'm sure there's more, but the problem with a few of those is that the meshes/models may not be included in the demo. For example, the mesh used for the ship in the Shadow Summoner is a retextured, stretched version of the body of the Liquid Gull, which probably isn't in the demo.

IP:

JVortex
posted August 10, 2001 08:32 PM            
plasma shovel as well. shadow mines maybe might work. just install any server only mods u can find then do an ENTegrity check on each to make sure that all the models and textures are available in the demo. er... install the demo, THEN install the mods into the demo, THEN run ENTegerity on them. thats what i meant...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted August 10, 2001 08:42 PM            
Doesn't the plasma shovel use a custom mesh and texture?

IP:

Rex R
posted August 11, 2001 02:50 AM            
nope the p-shovel mesh and texture are stock(one of the extras ldajim was referring to, heh you should see the artillery mesh)

IP:

Rex R
posted August 11, 2001 04:31 AM            
well DVSduke had a nice collection of server side weap mods. lets see bubble gun,fire mines, napalm strike, tri-nuke(well ok quad nuke), jump gun just name a few. drop me a line if you want to play with them

IP:

peeeto
posted August 12, 2001 09:32 PM         
also, all of Random Chaos' mods are server-side... including the 'Hell Server', in which almost every weapon fires a nuke!

(LOL - i first played that over a 56k modem, and in software mode... can you say "0.1 frames per second"? )

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 13, 2001 09:46 AM         
cool, thanks guys. I will run the idea by Jim to make sure it is okay to show the demo people our cool toys.
Gracias...

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 24, 2001 09:17 PM            
Hey all - has someone accumulated a collection of the server-side mods? I would love to get 'em. I probably have them all but they are in disarray.

I think the mod server that doesn't require mod downloads is totally great, so...

I want to get into the server game - I have a broadband connection, and I could leave it on for long periods. I'd like to set up a server with server-side mods, but I promise a different format from others online. Also, I'm no mod genius, but I'd like to mess with them and see what I come up with, etc.

So, has anybody build a server-side mod pack? Also, if anybody tries my server, feel free to give feedback if it's laggy, ugly, stupid, nauseating, etc.

IP:

JVortex
posted August 24, 2001 11:21 PM            
hey TH, if you want a SSO pack it wouldnt be too hard to compile. go to my site and pretty much just d load all the weapon files that are under like 12K or so, those will be the ones w/ out their own models and bmp's. not 100% true, but its a good place to start. unless someone has made a pack already.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted August 25, 2001 12:17 AM            
The problem with showing Server Side mods to the demo people is that the demo probably doesn't include all the meshes for the unused weapons (mass driver, nuke, etc). Same probably goes for textures and sprites, so things like the Renzoku cannon (uses the mass driver mesh, as well as a texture that I don't think is in the demo) won't work.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 26, 2001 01:19 AM         
That is exactly why I haven't been persuing this lately. Jim said it would be fine to give the demo people a modded server and that the only real restrictions on them are map access. I have been too lazy to figure out if the demo has all of the art but omitted the .ents for the cool weapons or if the art is gone too (probably). The next step would be to figure out which models do come with the demo and pare down the DVSDuke pack to only use those models.
Far as I am concerned, I have pretty much stopped work on collecting server side mods or making the modded demo. It would be great if someone would run with these babys. The DVSDUke mods are a great place to start. I will post DVSDuke's pack to the Yahoo site (Supes) so it it free to all. Just a note, I have had a few requests for it already and I wouldn't be suprised to see bits or all of it in other servers as well. Duke, where are you??? Maybe the popularity of it will get more modders into digging up existing art and models to make more server side mods (I know that Vlad for one does this). Also, Paranor had a good suggestion that maybe the Duke pack would be a good starting point for the Modded DDM (server side mods are an obvious choice for this - you know how many new drop-ins we get, it would make it much easier for new people to join the fray).

Jim, have you considered including user made mods in the next release of TM? Of course you would need to get permission, but I know most modders would be honored to have their work become 'stock'

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 26, 2001 07:45 AM            
My server side mods:

• Sheep mines
  • Kangaroo mines
  • Mosquitos
  • Tree Strike
  • Plasma Pulser
  • Luquid Tank Upgrade Package (new combos of existing tanks and existing textures)
  • EMP Shockwave
  • Spire Maker
  • Random Weapon (mine's not completed...but simple for others to do also. JL's/Dudy's FTnCD had one.)
  • Creater Nuke (replaces existing)
  • Super Shadow (ups the damage by about 4x on the shadow and gives it a chance to respawn when it doesn't hit a target also)

As for other server side mods: Most of the FTnCD server (about 300 new ents). I have the full package (zipped) if you want it. There ARE errors with the original...but my update doesn't have just serverside only ones in it.

--RC

IP:

• JVortex
    posted August 26, 2001 10:29 PM            
    crap i did it again, posted in the wrong thread...

nayhow, i put together an SSO pack last nite w/ a couple bugs to work out. ill probbaly release it tonite

IP:

JVortex
    posted August 27, 2001 03:35 PM            
    ok, i did the pack and here it be. theres somewhere around 20 weapons or so in here. all are ent based files. no guarentee that they will all work on a demo server. i dont have the demo installed on here so i cant check. i didnt use any files that use nukes/ wonkey so at least thats set ok. sprites are a maybe on this tho. i did include the nuke crater ring files in here tho for people who have nukes.

these files may need a little balancing or tweaking. but give em a look. should make the demo people happy

grab the pack here: http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/dloads/TM/weapons/_ServerOnlyPack.zip

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 27, 2001 04:14 PM         
    Phrrrrrrrrrrrrr *whistles*
    Did you know that the only thing that the demo is missing is maps and tank entites and art. I just tried the DVS Duke pack on my demo server and they all work, even the nuke!

I will throw in your pack, JV and RC's as well. Only thing is that anything that uses a tank model (kamekazi tank or summoner) looks weird. RC, can you send me your SSO pack? johnsan@che.utexas.edu
    I plan on running the pack for a week or less , every so often, maybe on the weekends as a TM full teaser.

IP:

JVortex
    posted August 27, 2001 06:04 PM            
    oh crap, i did forget about those...

ok, alter the fake tank and SS to use the propper model. sorry bout that oversight

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 27, 2001 06:30 PM         
    It is no biggie, I will just leave it for now. i think it looks like a little blue box skittering around trying to kill you - kinda funny, actually

IP:

JVortex
    posted August 28, 2001 02:04 AM            
    well i can see how the fake tank would be entertaining, but for vlads sake (and the coolness factor of the SS in general) that one really should be pointed to the propper model. wish id have thought about it...

ill leave the pack on my site as is due to lazyness, but for hooking this up on a demo serv3er or something it dhould be fixed for the newbies/ demo-ers

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 28, 2001 09:41 AM         
    I found some other missing files from the demo: there are no sheep or roo meshes (tho the art is there) so I have pulled the weapons ents for those. also, I cut the fire crawler for being way too powerful and the trulaser for being way too weak :P

If anyone still has their demo 1.6 installes, please log on and error check for me

IP:

Rex R
    posted August 28, 2001 12:26 PM            
    fixed the fake tank to a)use the falcon mesh b)enabled the sound(yes now you can hear the tank motoring along(old bug))
    WM sent the 'new and improved' version to ya

IP:

JVortex
    posted August 28, 2001 02:34 PM            
    well that sucks that theres no sheep in the demo! evilness. just make sure to pull out the supporting files for the pulled weapons as well otherwise youll have people synching garbage entities. you could use ENTegerity or something such to tell you exactly which files to pull.

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 28, 2001 02:45 PM         
    Groan - you know I actually have a real life job - It is called getting my @ss graduated
    I will do what I can but till then the garbage will stay . besides, it is a treat for the demo folk, they can wait the xtra 30 sec...

IP:

The Weatherman
    posted August 28, 2001 03:55 PM         
    Hehe - with some humor, the summoner and fake tank prolems have been resolved. Thanks JV and Rex

IP:

A2597
    posted September 13, 2001 12:16 PM            
    Don't forget my Mirvs of Steel, thats server side. (Uploading it ASAP to)

------------------
    --===BOOM===--

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2