|
Author Topic:   faster landing...
erocnela
posted August 10, 2001 02:03 PM         
Just want to know how can I make the tanks lands faster after jumping on slopes?

Is it possible to modify the map Ice World with lesser sliding?

Lastly is there a tm launcher that actually gives you options for setting the single player without going through the in-game menus and stuff?

IP:

JVortex
posted August 10, 2001 05:41 PM            
to make tanks land faster open up the sabot.ent file and increase the gravity to whatever number you like. dont go too high with it or your tanks wont be able to climb hills anymore.

to alter the ice maps for less sliding d load TMapper and alter the friction on the map.

and im not sure exactly what you mean, but i dont think so.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

peeeto
posted August 12, 2001 09:39 PM         
for TMapper, please visit www.treadmarks.de
and choose the 'BWL Projects' on the left...

and as far as setting your options, try playing around with the following files in the TM installation directory:

config.cfg
fast.cfg
normal.cfg
pretty.cfg
godlypc.cfg

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 15, 2001 10:06 AM            
you can make maps too with tmapper and use the maps own gravity setting. i have found that -23 is pretty realistic, but you need to up the tank speed and accelleration to counter it - bad thing with that is standard tm tanks dont work on maps with such high gravity.

IP:

erocnela
posted August 15, 2001 02:24 PM         
Wow, thnxs for the post reply guys. Hope I could contribute some nice tm goodies soon or very very soon.

I love this game but I'm involve a little bit to some other games anyway, I'm sure some of you play counter-strike or day of defeat and simply put, I spend some time making some so called "waypoint files" for this hl mods. Just the way ai tanks navigates using some kind of stuff I don't really kmow of in terms of tm ai's tanks is concern.

I don't have a fast connection so the ai tanks are the only fraggin pals I connect with. Yeah I consider ai tanks my only pals to my ****ty connection. A week won't past without some tm frags in the 30's or 50's. The new addons I got are really cool. Great work to the authors, I salute you guys.

Again lots of thanks.

IP:

erocnela
posted August 15, 2001 02:43 PM         
Though I must add I did experience some human opponents once during my lan gig some few months ago. Man, they were screaming like crazy and enjoying the most of their tm exposure. They would get excited as I slew them the awesome nukes and missiles. Wow, I wish I could start building my own lan soon so could expose more kids to this awesome game.

Just that other site discribes tm as like playing quake on tanks indeed he is right for sure this game is as addicting as the latter games nowadays.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 26, 2001 09:29 AM            
All .ENT files are text files.

You can set all the master controls in the TMDir\Entities\Tankgod\Sabot.ent file.

• Gravity (effects hill climbing and fall rate in air - HIGH values you CANNOT climb hills! If Grav is higher than Accelspeed on the tank you can do nothing!)
  • Friction (Low for sliding turns, high for tread controled turns)
  • Base Ammo Settings (Several commands in the ent to control this. Basically how much main gun ammo you have)

Also each tank can have those values customized in addition to customizing the:
    TM/Entities/Racetank/*

• Maxspeed (max speed acheived using the treads, not weapons)
  • Accelspeed (max accel by the treads - both fore and aft as well as turning - note: too high and turning is almost imposible to control)
  • Turretspeed (turret turn rate)
  • Armor (tank armor level. Note: Armor is always higher in the front then the back)

--RC

IP: