|
Author Topic:   New Map Beta: CTF Volcanic Island
Random Chaos
posted July 23, 2001 12:02 PM            
CTF Volcanic Island
- Size: 1024x1024
- Type: 3 Team CTF
- Recommended Players: ? (unplaytested, I'd guess 9-18 players)
- Placement: End of CTF List
- Notes: Numerous volcano launch points (1 quad spewer center, 3 sets of 4 spewers at each flag area behind hill, random spewers in lava sea) and a see of lava all do tank damage. Lava Spewers 50% of the time spew LDA's Lava Rocks/Flames and 50% of the time spew a more harmful lava vapor variety (50% tank damage on the latter each hit - same as Acid and Poison spewers launch but red). Lava sea is uncrossable! If you do find yourself on the secondary island, it is repleat with spewers but each has a nuke, matter, cruise, or shadow on it (if you can somehow get back to use them )

More Maps: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000154.html

--RC

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 23, 2001 12:15 PM         
RC, you should really fix the "click here to downloading this mod" message.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted July 23, 2001 02:33 PM            
Hay RC im wondering how do you get to the islands out in the lavalake

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2001 08:34 PM            
must admit RC ur maps are way cool, hope my bz maps will be half as popular

dreamer if i send u some maps coud u perform the same modifications if i provide the locations for pickups ?

and hey so far im just loading in existing maps and changing the hightmap - i hope this doesnt bother jim too much but i dunno how to alter the textures regardless of what it says on the lda page regardig mods.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 24, 2001 04:20 PM            
Actually I've found a mistake in the map. You can spawn on the islands - ugg. Easy fix, just have to create new course entities. And I'm killing the Shadow.

As for how to get to the islands...er...you're only supposed to via luck. Say you get thrown really far by a teammates nuke and you land on the island. There is no trick to get there (unlike hidden stuff in, say, Quake where there is always a path to take).

I'll be returning to college in about 5 weeks. When I do I plan to start running my server again. It will feature a modified Randomizing server with FTnCD as well as more sane weapons. It will have all current CTF maps on it (and if I have a DM map up, it will be seperate but saner server). I hope I don't have problems with firewalls though...but TM rarely does. I like insane TM CTF servers. Somehow when a single tank can try to defend a defensive position its nice.

As for my "ing" that Dreamer pointed out...next time I turn my laptop on I'll fix it (haven't booted it in about 3 weeks). My laptop will be my TM server (I'll have a new computer [desktop] in about another week so I can play TM at college).

Server types I plan to have:
[list]

• Insane CTF Server (all new maps)
  • Chaos Team DM Server (Spire Maker, Tree Bomb, EMP, and a few other harmless additions that just make fun - all new maps)
  • Jousting Server (tanks modded with mass drivers and only spawnable weapons are mass drivers, may mod maps for this so that we have a single dummy tank for target practice)
  • Nuclear Server (er...you can figure this out)
  • Mining Server (on demand generally with mining enhanced weapons, but not OVERKILL mining weapons [JL and Dudy, you know what I mean])

Generally I'll try to have the CTF and DM server up. The rest will replace (or add to) the DM when people want to have fun.

IP:

• Random Chaos
    posted July 24, 2001 04:21 PM            
    Matrix: As for textures/waypoints, ask Dreamer - he's the one working on a map editor

IP:

Rex R
    posted July 25, 2001 02:55 AM            
    a suggestion for the mining mods. I've noticed that the 240mm does a fair job of carving up the landscape. heh been known to use it to frag ppl who think the're safe on the other side of a ridge/hill. in reference to correcting mods; if nothing else the spewer file for the random weap- spewtype0 = airstrike not airstike

IP:

Random Chaos
    posted July 25, 2001 06:49 PM            
    Rex R - I'll get that fixed IF I ever release a final copy of that mod - the Q-Mark is wrong (I've got the right mesh, just too lazy to fix it).

Its still in Beta (and there are better ones out there - I will likely change the method of it thus...)

--RC

IP: