|
Author Topic:   Calling all modders...
Dreamer
posted July 20, 2001 05:43 PM         
I went and tried something today...

It is indeed possible to create in-game field manual entries for each and every mod you create.
The question I have is:

Why does noone do that?

IP:

JVortex
posted July 20, 2001 10:55 PM            
it can be done but the file that contains that info is not AddOn folder compatable. (meaning the original file would have to be altered). also all the info is stored in one single file. so people couldnt just append to it with their own info, the whole thing would need to be replaced each time.

about the only time that this file can be modified is for doing a full addon mod set (such as what matrix is doing). then a full replace would be just dandy.

a way to have an open ended field manual that worked like an entity folder would be cool tho.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 21, 2001 05:23 AM         
Umm.... ever had a look at your "Enitities/Tutorial" Folder?

Lots of neat, single, simple entity files. add one and it shows up.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 21, 2001 06:57 AM            
He's got a point, all you need to do is zip the files so that they extract into proper folders. BUT WE'RE LAZY!!! So it will never work, mwahahahahahahahahah

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 21, 2001 12:25 PM            
Give me a holler about how to set that up and I will make them for my weapons and tanks Dreamer.

{M}{M}LordDrow

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 21, 2001 02:04 PM         
If even I can do that, everyone can...
Look in your entities/tutorial folder.
The files are easy enough to read...
Simply remember that TM will read and use about every file it finds...

IP:

swisher
posted July 21, 2001 03:33 PM            
I said I'd maintain ENTegrety and I meant it...

Download TutorialRules.zip and unzip to your ENTegrety install folder (C:\Progam Files\ENTegerety\" by default).

This will allow checking of tutorial files.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 24, 2001 04:37 PM            
Hmm...maybe I'll go through and fix those peoples mods I have and e-mail the changes to JV...then again maybe not

Dreamer: When I made 90% of my mods it was before 1.5 came out and there was no Tutorial.

--RC

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 24, 2001 05:59 PM         
RC - I know.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 01:18 AM            
RC- Don't doubt people who claim names that most likely suggest an ethereal (is that word close enough) existance... you can deny a VRML programmer's omnipotence.

IP: