|
Author Topic:   Map to Beta Test:
Random Chaos
posted July 19, 2001 06:44 PM            
First, an update on my site: Its still not really there. I've had no time lately. As soon as I do I hope to get the mod pages straitened out though.

Second, I've got a new map for beta testing. It's another of my Acid/Lava/Poison series of maps and this one is fun to play! Made it in about 4 hours. Play tested for about an hour. And now its ready for people to try out. Have fun!

CTF Moat of Acid
- Size: 1024x1024
- Type: 2 Team CTF
- Recommended Players: 8-20
- Placement: End of CTF List
- Notes: Acid will corrode your tank. Since the moat is wide I reduced the damage on this strain of tank damaging crud (Acid_Proj2.Ent). It is crossable - one of my favorite ways of playing it is with the Tornado, Nuclear Boulder, etc that knocks players into the lake where they die. If you fall into the lake, you are not likely to get out alive. If you run through it, you will probably survive with about 50% health loss.

No image uploaded currently...have fun playing. I don't expect there to be any problems. If there aren't, this is the final version release.

--Random Chaos

P.S. I plan to get the Caves map done soon I hope.
P.P.S. I figured out why I didn't like the CTF River of Poison map. Its the fog color. I think if I make the level brighter it will be a bit less sickly to look at. I'll See about a final release on that map soon also.

Old Map Releases:
------------------------
Betas:
------------------------

CTF Poison
0.5 MBs zipped, 1.8 MBs installed.
- Notes: Poison River does tank damage. Beta. Coloring changes for final to be done soon.

DM Caves
2.5 MBs zipped, 6 MBs installed
- Type: Standard DM
- Notes: New Skybox for underground arena.

------------------------
Example Map:
------------------------
Toxins Test VED
- Type: Example Map, Single Player only! No AIs or other humans!
- Notes: It has 3 pits - Lava, Poison, Acid. This mape examples the methods of each (seen in CTF River of Poison and CTF Moat of Acid)

------------------------
Finals (for posting to sites):
------------------------
Map 1 - CTFNeyGalaxy2:
- Name: CTF Galaxy (Height Map)
- Recommended Players: 8-16
- Placement: End of CTF list
- Notes: The center pit is hard to get out of. Don't get caught.

Map 2 - CTFNeyPyramids4:
- Name: CTF Pyramids (Height Map)
- Type: 4 Team CTF
- Recommended Players: 16-20
- Notes: This map is based on a Mayan pyramid. The map can get cramped with too many players.

Map 3 - CTFNeyRing4:
- Name: CTF Ring (Height Map)
- Recommended Players: 16-28
- Notes: Bring night vision gogles . Its a good, open map for plenty of players.

Map 4 - CTFNeySpiral4:
- Name: CTF Spiral (Height Map)
- Recommended Players: 16-24
- Notes: There is a grove that runs between the upper plateu and the flags and inner lake zone. Its not that easy to get over. The only easy passage point is at the flags...but that one is only one-way. I recommend going after the flags from below rather then on the plateau.

Map 5 - DMNeyBasin4:
- Name: DM Basin (Height Map)
- Type: 4 Team DM (with team specific spawn points).
- Recommended players: 8-20
- Placement: Approximately 50% of the wat through DM list.
- Notes: Its a good open map for general play...

Map 6 - DMNeyMayan:
- Name: DM Mayan (Height Map)
- Size: 1024x1-1024
- Type: Standard DM
- Recommended Players: 4-12 (teams and no teams)
- Placement: Approximately 50% of the way through DM list.
- Notes: This map seems to me that it will get crowded with large numbers of players. Based on a Mayan Pyramid.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 19, 2001 09:10 PM            
how the heck do you get the ved file to look at all these ents and images ?

ive made a rather nice hell map for bz3 and id love the lava to damage the ship to slow destruction..

can u offer any tips or would it be better if i send u the map to alter to this requirement ?.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2001 04:27 PM            
Hey, CAUGHT YOU RC!!!
-------==========++++++++/\/\/\/\/\/\/\[}~
Okay, I must admit... I'd like to learn more of VED modding myself... How DO you do it?

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 20, 2001 05:45 PM         
RC has access to LDA's tools.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 21, 2001 07:00 AM            
So? What would you have to do to add this stuff, use a hexeditor or do you just make a proggy for it? It sounds hard, is it going to be made better. I'm also trying to get tips and what not like His Rixiness

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 21, 2001 08:34 AM            
email me dudy, im no modmaster yet, you guys still know loads more than i do - but ill help where i can.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 22, 2001 10:07 PM            
I'm on my sister's PC so I can't e-mail you cause she doesn't want me to anything other than browse the internet. I will say though, my main thing in TM is the ability to make different mods for weapons without making an lwo and luv for each one (not to mention the skins) just by using scale matrix to make them look different. 5 Meg nukes are super easy, for instance. Just type in SCALEMATRIX = 3, 3, 3 which means to make the x, y, and z axis 3 times larger. What's really fun is making them negative numbers... WOOOOO, fun! I'm maybe going to make a special antimatter nuke that JL and I made with such a scalematrix (the thing is VERY unfun, knocking you really far with little health, if you use it on a normal TM themed game, since this was made for the shove mod and dirt-ball mod JL and I made). Or clust bombs can be made with a scale matrix of 2, 2, .5 which means two times the x and y axis size with half the z axis, making a stubby nuke missile thing. I usually make crazy skins though, when I'm bored, and I've found one drawback. You have to scale the skin, do the skinning, then scale the skin back down so that it looks normal on it when you're dun/don/done (for those who can't spell... like me sorta kinda maybe almost near-like)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2001 11:14 AM            
scale matrix huh, so what im like 3 foot then 6 foot then 10 foot and back again ! lol

and hey, hands of my skin unless you bring lube

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 23, 2001 11:54 AM            
Matrix: The ecocrud for the Water is set to a projectile - thats how it damages a tank. You can do that for any of the terrain textures...and you have virtually unlimited textures (though ecocrud on texture [ecosystem] 6 and up tends to be erratic).

I'm posting a new map beta in another thread now...

IP: