|
Author Topic:   Horison Fog.
=DNX= Matrix
posted July 02, 2001 07:15 AM            
Is there a way to change the depth field other than with 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 distance view ?

If we can change depth and thickness of fog using the radar would be that much more interesting.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 02, 2001 08:25 AM         
You could use fog spewers to simulate that on specific maps... Maybe even with fog density varying pseudo-randomly over time

IP:

JVortex
posted July 02, 2001 01:51 PM            
i already made up a fog spewer (not sure what to do with it tho really...). the spewer i made looks pretty decent but i dont think theres a way to increase the normal horizon fog effect thru the use of ent's. the normal horizon fog isnt sprite based, its something else... there should be some kind of a way to increase that fog density/ distance.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 02, 2001 04:57 PM            
JV, your fog spewer was great, just not suited to bz - you would understand if i sent u the game.... the closest i can get feelwise is using the distance horizon with fog at 250m

can still see the voxels appear tho - its not perfect or subtle but i guess it will have to do 4 now. - ive emailed jim about it so ill post here what the answer is.

IP:

JVortex
posted July 02, 2001 05:37 PM            
oh i know what i made isnt what youre after matrix. u sent me that screen shot of what u wanted. just no way to make TM do that with sprites and ent files is all. only real way i can think to do it is some command line parameter or altering the config file somehow.

IP: