|
Author Topic:   Problems with audio
=DNX= Matrix
posted July 02, 2001 06:57 AM            
is there a specific format to use or sameple rate setting, cos none of the sounds ive put in tm as yet actually play ?

IP:

Vlad
posted July 02, 2001 08:46 AM            
I think that the sound files have to be mono. Get a program like Goldwave and open some of the stock TM .wavs and see what they're at.

Also, I don't know how familiar you are with making mods, but this is something silly that I did when I first started..

If you want to call a sound from something, don't call the .wav file from the SoundEnt. If you're attempting to do something like "SoundEnt = Sound.wav" it's not going to work. You've gotta create a sound ent file, and the sound ent calls the .wav file.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 02, 2001 05:01 PM            
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhh - hhaa !

dats me bad - ill fix it, thx vlad u've been a great help

and i am pretty new to modding tm, but im struggling by

IP:

Vlad
posted July 02, 2001 05:26 PM            
heh.. glad you could profit from my mistakes :-).

The funniest thing is that it says "soundENT"... it obviously asking for an entity, yet I was wondering why on earth calling a wav file wasn't working...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 03, 2001 12:00 AM            
blind as a bat i am lol - btw i make most of my mods at 3 - 6 am so i get a bit blurry eyed lol

IP:

Rex R
posted July 03, 2001 01:36 AM            
well if you don't want to get email shortly after you release a mod best go through your ents and check for typos before its released. I've found the darndest examples of speeeling in some mods

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 03, 2001 10:54 AM         
Isn't ENTegrety designed to chek for stuff like that?

IP:

Vlad
posted July 03, 2001 11:00 AM            
True, but maybe they didn't originally write their stuff to coincide with ENTegrity's naming conventions. With my stuff, I was already done with all the big weapons when ENTegrity came out, and didn't feel like renaming 60-70 ent files to make them compatible.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 03, 2001 11:18 AM         
Vlad - true, but once real mistakes are uncovered by progs like ENTegrity or by users, I don't think one should hesitate to fix them, and I also think that swisher has done a great job with that prog, though some might say that naming conventions need in-depth discussion before setting them.
If I were to make a mod today, I for one would try my best to stick with ENTegrity standards, in order to make my mod easy to handle, easy to recognize, easy to remove and easy to maintain.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited July 03, 2001).]

IP: