|
Author Topic:   a couple questions for all you guys out there
JVortex
posted June 20, 2001 11:28 PM            
1) now that i know what the hell im doing with tanks is there any real intrest in a new revamped Napalm Tanker? i now can make the thing more to what it should have been in the first place. get rid of its tendancy to flip all over gods green earth and make it all in all a much better vehicle. it would require a bit of work tho. but if people like the general idea of it ill give it a go. make it more the iron horse it was intended...

2) does anybody know who made the alternate tank skins that i have on my site? they are in the TM area on the Misc page. i love these skins and i havent seen any other replacement skins out there since. i mainly ask for 2 reasons, 1 id like to give credit. and 2 i want to ask whoever it is to do more! these things are great!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted June 21, 2001 12:07 AM            
Heck yeah! I've always loved the idea of the tanker, but it just can't manuver at all.

That weapon needs to be more powerful to compensate for the height of the turret, too..

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 23, 2001 10:48 PM            
2: Is this the file named: "steel.zip" and is about 4.4 MBs?

If so, that is made by Smack (cs_smack@hotmail.com).

--RC

IP:

JVortex
posted June 24, 2001 12:45 AM            
i think so, thanks RC

IP:

JVortex
posted August 13, 2001 06:39 PM            
well, to bring back an old topic...

i finally got around to revamping the Napalm Tanker. the new zip file (i believe) DOES comply w/ current mod naming conventions. the new tanker will completely replace the old one, let it over write all files.

so here it is, Napalm Tanker v1.2

the major changes are:
1) modified main gun: still pretty much the same idea as the original but it now has a few small short ranged projectiles that explode from the impact. this was due to Vlads suggestion. max ammo count was also lowered to 12. (lag might become an issue on the new gun, if so let me know.)

2) redesigned body: the tankers body has been reshaped and now is wider AND has a larger wheel base (and oversized tires) for increased stability and better handling. the overall height is also a little bit less to make the turret height less of an issue.

3) altered performance: the new tanker has modified stats to make it handle much better on uneven terrain. it is also much heavier and can ram tanks out of its way, plow thru trees and is partially immune to concussion effects (it can (barely) manage to drive up to an active tornado). on the down side it cant jump for beans. it barely clears the jumps on the ramp!

4) even with all the adjustments it still keeps its 2 main disadvanages; it climbs hills verry poorly (especially when damaged) and it has a huge area to strike at to get rear damage on it.

hope you guys likes it! i know i do. its available on my site on the tanks page where the original Napalm Tanker was at. http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/dloads/TM/tanks/Tanker.zip . it will also soon be available on Dreamers site http://www.tmvr.de/tmvr7/vrmlbase/vis.wrl .

as always any comments are always welcome, especially since this revised version hasnt gone thru any kind of a beta test stage.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited August 13, 2001).]

IP: