|
Author Topic:   Summoning All Beta Testers ;)
JVortex
posted June 18, 2001 12:49 AM            
The Romulan Warbird is done and ready to go to beta for anyone who wants it.

ahhh, behold, more eye-candy;

a few cool features of it are:

opperational cloaking device:
when activated it makes it appear as if you were fragged. then you are rendered INVISIBLE! once your enemy turns to go find another target you decloak and blast him from behind. this will make you 100% invisible when standing still (aside from showing up on radar, spitting up some dust when you move and having your name hover over your head). it has absolutely zero effect on the AI, they will always know exactly where you are. same goes for if youre on fire, your flames arent cloaked, so people will see that. you also cannot fire weapons or pick up weaponry while cloaked (this was on purpose, would be "too powerful" otherwise). bolton ammo pickup also wont do you a bit of good , you have ONLY 1 cloak at a time no matter what you try or what your HUD display claims (this was also on purpose). the cloak effect seems to have a decent balance of strengths and weaknesses for multiplayer use. its pretty pointless when it comes to single player matches.

new weapon:
Romulan Disruptor. no its nothing all that fancy. just a modified pea shooter for the most part, but its fun to use. has a quad-beam rotating guidance laser on it (just for flash) and plenty of kick. this is another dual stage manual reloading weapon. fire once to cloak, fire again to decloak AND arm weapons then fire weapons normally. fire again to cloak and start the process again.

sounds/ effects:
bunch of new sound effects (17 i think) and lots of cool visuals in this one. i had fun doing these.

tank shape:
i put some effort into using the tanks shape to the best i could. it worked out well. nice large flat area on the bottom for main traction and the wings dont rest on the ground (if they did it would increase friction/ drag and thus lower performance). the wings act like training wheels to help to keep it upright while turning/ tipping. when a wing tip touches the ground it becomes a new surface for traction. (notice in the picture up there the flat spots near the end of the wing tips? thats the flat area that becomes the "training wheels"). works pretty well, just dont tip head over heels .

this is also strangely armored. the very head is quite strong and can take 3 to 5 mass driver hits and survive (if you take the hit just right). the rear is weak however and 1 mass driver shot can frag you if its in the right spot. the front and back side of the wings are also concidered to be side armor and are weak as well. its best to aim for the wings when attacking it.

beta testers respond here and/ or email me if youre interested.

this here is esentially the readme file in case anyone wonders y this is so long. the original readme was destroyed somehow and im none too happy about that...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited June 18, 2001).]

IP:

Karldar
posted June 18, 2001 01:50 AM            
Help me, JV! Gimme a TM mod fix . In other words-me wanna beta test....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

swisher
posted June 19, 2001 12:07 AM            
Another winner, JVortex! Even better than Voyager, IMHO.

Can't wait to do some full mod matches. It's gona be wild with the Star Treck theme. Heak, who knows, if we can find and post enough screen shots to some Treckie site BBS', it may attract a large following of new Tread Mark players.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

lordbyron
posted June 19, 2001 01:40 AM            
I'm game to see the cloak at work.

--lb

IP:

Rex R
posted June 19, 2001 03:54 AM            
just post a msg with links to LDA/treadmarks and JV's tm page on the alt.startrek newsgroup that should do it(just remember to anti-spam your reply to address)

IP:

swisher
posted June 19, 2001 09:07 AM            
Yes. Once his full mod pack is done. Perhaps get on the moon level and start snapping screen shots.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

JVortex
posted June 19, 2001 12:20 PM            
ill get that sent off to ya LB.

u kno, i hadnt even thought of a star trek attracting in new trekkie people, that isnt a bad thought at all. i dont have any news group access, so thattl be up to someone else to manage .

speaking of the moon... Rex, im gonna send this thing off to you. i made this one w/ the moon map in mind. it should in theory handle better than most tanks do on that map. could you give this a moon once over? i dont play that map enough to be able to make a good comparison. the thing handles well on other maps, just curious.

IP: