|
Author Topic:   Maps Released:
Random Chaos
posted June 15, 2001 02:19 AM            
I have fixed the error with the first set of maps. I have uploaded all new maps that should have no problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

You will need to re-download all the Team maps (all by DM Mayan).

--------------

I have released my 6 new maps that were in beta the last few weeks.

Sorry about not giving direct links to the files but 0catch doesn't like outside links to Zip files. So I set up a little Java Script so I wouldn't have to create a new file every time I link to a mod somewhere .

I have included the ingame screen shot and the height map for each below. The height map is also included in the Map file. It is a JPG version of the file and not of high enough quality to be used in making a new map out of. If you want to make a new map, give me an e-mail at RandomChaos@treadmarks.cjb.net .

My mod portion of my site is still not operational...I'm beginning to hate JavaScript and Layers now...

Map 1 - CTFNeyGalaxy2:
- Name: CTF Galaxy (Height Map)
- Size: 1024x1024
- Type: 2 Team CTF
- Recommended Players: 8-16
- Placement: End of CTF list
- Notes: The center pit is hard to get out of. Don't get caught.

Map 2 - CTFNeyPyramids4:
- Name: CTF Pyramids (Height Map)
- Type: 4 Team CTF
- Recommended Players: 16-20
- Notes: This map is based on a Mayan pyramid. The map can get cramped with too many players.

Map 3 - CTFNeyRing4:
- Name: CTF Ring (Height Map)
- Recommended Players: 16-28
- Notes: Bring night vision gogles . Its a good, open map for plenty of players.

Map 4 - CTFNeySpiral4:
- Name: CTF Spiral (Height Map)
- Recommended Players: 16-24
- Notes: There is a grove that runs between the upper plateu and the flags and inner lake zone. Its not that easy to get over. The only easy passage point is at the flags...but that one is only one-way. I recommend going after the flags from below rather then on the plateau.

Map 5 - DMNeyBasin4:
- Name: DM Basin (Height Map)
- Type: 4 Team DM (with team specific spawn points).
- Recommended players: 8-20
- Placement: Approximately 50% of the wat through DM list.
- Notes: Its a good open map for general play...

Map 6 - DMNeyMayan:
- Name: DM Mayan (Height Map)
- Size: 1024x1-1024
- Type: Standard DM
- Recommended Players: 4-12 (teams and no teams)
- Placement: Approximately 50% of the way through DM list.
- Notes: This map seems to me that it will get crowded with large numbers of players. Based on a Mayan Pyramid.

--Random Chaos
RandomChaos@treadmarks.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited June 16, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 15, 2001 11:11 AM            
I was informed of an error in link for Map 2. This has been fixed. I mispelled the zip filename (the above list was correct, the zip was wrong). Ooops.

IP:

Vlad
posted June 15, 2001 12:51 PM            
Great style on all of these maps. It's an interesting departure from "ice/dirt/grass"

However, there seems to be a major problem with some of the CTF maps.

CTF Galaxy, Ring, and Pyramid don't have flags on them. I've searched high and low, and haven't found a single one.

I'm gonna assume that this was just an error (older version of the map, perhaps), but ONE spawn/weapon point for CTF Pyramid? Not only are there no flags, but everybody spawns in the same spot, over the lone weapon spawn point on the map.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 15, 2001 02:46 PM            
Ummm...that is a problem. I will look into it. There should be no reason for it. I don't have time to check now though.

These are the same as the Beta with only 1 change made to 1 map. And the Beta didn't have that problem. I unzipped the Beta copy to make these zips...so there should be no reason why that has happened. You are playing with teams and with teamscores right?

I'll check the maps later today - I don't have time to now though .

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 15, 2001 02:52 PM            
I think I know what happened. I should be able to get it fixed this weekend I hope. If not I'll get them uploaded on Monday when I have access to the masters again.

ALL but DM Mayan should not work though.

Sorry about this

Any maps that use teams are screwed up...I opened the files on a comp without the team based entities and I think the editor deleted those entries. I should be able to get them released using the beta version though...one file will not appear in the correct spot of the list though, but other then that they will work.

I'll get the fixed copies up tonight.

IP:

peeeto
posted June 15, 2001 03:05 PM         
hey RC - what is the default elevation for water? do i remember you telling us it was 4?

and can that be modified?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 16, 2001 10:29 AM            
Ok, I've fixed the map problems. It was exactly what I thought it was...its amazing that if you even just change which dir the entity is in TM's map editor has problems with it...hmmm. As I recall this isn't a problem if you move files arround for playing the game. Oh well...

----------------------
Peeto:

Water height = 16

Don't try to make any terrain between 8 and 17 unless its a steep slope - TM will clipping problems with the water.

I don't know of any commands to change this (and yes, I'd like to make an all underwater map).

--Random Chaos

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 22, 2001 12:38 PM            
YEAH UNDERWATER!!!!!!!!!!!! You can have Fishing Hooks and EVerything Flaoting around down there that blow peopels up!! Bottles, Boots, Fish? : Whales!! UNNDERWATERA AHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA You might wnan even make an underwater volcano that ruttpest everyonce in a while with Blue Flame And you might wanna evne make a submarine tank NUKES IN THE WATER!!!!!! This'll be kewl!!!

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

peeeto
posted June 22, 2001 01:17 PM         
thanks, RC

IP: