|
Author Topic:   New Weapon, the Dark Nova, is released!
Vlad
posted June 11, 2001 01:33 PM            
The name has changed, but the weapon is pretty much the same as it was a few weeks ago (for those who beta tested). Here's some screens:

The initial projectile:

And what happens when it hits:

The projectile itself is quite powerful, but slow as heck (it's also quite noisy, so you can hear it coming), and the resulting lasers that you see flying off bounce around, but completely randomly. This is a great weapon to clear out people hiding in Nuke craters.

You can get it here.

Jvortex should also have it up on his site soon, as well.

[This message has been edited by Vlad (edited June 11, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted June 11, 2001 02:13 PM            
this weapon is great! a must have. and yes, i have it posted as well with a different zip structure (set to extract to TM root directory so it matches all other zips on the site)

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted June 12, 2001 08:45 AM            
Thanks, Vortex.

Anybody else try it out yet? Any comments?

IP:

lordbyron
posted June 13, 2001 01:41 PM            
Hey Vlad,

Tried it out...coolness! It even inspired a new mod called (for now) "Apollo's Bow," I've developed which is a part of my "mythologicals" theme. I'll release it to beta soon with 2-3 others. Keep an eye out.

--lb

IP:

Vlad
posted June 13, 2001 01:46 PM            
Thanks. I'm working on a few more things as well, at the moment. I'm probably not going to release them until I've got a few done. I've noticed that there's more interest in groups of weapons, as opposed to just one.

I'll probably throw some teaser screens up soon, though.

IP: