|
Author Topic:   Announcement
Dreamer
posted May 24, 2001 05:02 PM         
http://www.tmvr.de
is now open for public preview and pre-review.
I would like to have feedback concerning everything you find disturbing/interesting/cool/uncool etc...

Plus, I want to see mods submitted to me - with screenshots and relatively short descriptions. If you would like to see your site linked from mine, please say so or link to my site and tell me - that's the best way to virtually guaranteee a link to yours.

In case anyone still doesn't have it, you need the Cortona plugin from Parallelgraphics
(located at http://www.parallelgraphics.com/cortona )
in order to avoid errors and failures.
An automatic install option will be included in the near future.
One more thing concerning links: Each link is entitled to a 3D representation on my site, so if you want that, submit sth. to me.

Hope there's still interest besides peeeto's and JVortex's in this site.

Not everything is going to work perfectly right now, there might even be some omissions in terms of screenshots and/or descriptions on my side, if you find any on the site, please report them asap so I can fix them.

IP:

peeeto
posted May 24, 2001 05:39 PM         
looks good, Dreamer. here are some suggestions from peeeto:

- instead of not listing any of the downloadable items when a button is pressed (like the "Weapons" button), either list them all initially, or list the first group. for example, when the user hits "Weapons", the list would automatically load the "H" list, and would automatically load the "A" list when "Tanks" is pressed. regarding listing all of the items for each category, i do realize that as more and more items are added to your site, the list will grow too large for the space you have on the screen.

- the letter that corresponds to the list that is displayed should be highlighted. i know that this might seem like a no-brainer, as all the items on the list would start with the same letter, but i think that highlighting the current category would be a good idea.

- just thought of this one: since there aren't that many items in any list at this point, use groups of letters such as A-G, H-M, N-T, etc., instead of A through Z individually. the list for each letter looks a little sparse right now .

- the liquid tanks are pink-colored on my screen. maybe color each one more closely to how they appear in the game?

- all of the weapons appear as if looking down on them. rotate all so that they appear as if you are looking at them from the side (for turret and body-mounted weapons), or from the back (for rear-mounted weapons).

- is there something wrong with the texture for the mortar?

p.s. i really like how the metal tanks are textured!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 24, 2001 05:51 PM         
Hi Dreamer,
Cool site! I tried to load it earlier and it would not work for me, but now looks fine through a Netcape 4.77 browser. I really dig the setup for vieing individual mods and being able to twist em all around. Descriptions are cool too. Good job!

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 24, 2001 06:51 PM         
peeeto - displaying the first available list in each category might be an option, but it would involve some really dirty code - something I have grown to despise...
As for the liquid tanks: PINK??? They should be grey...
Keeping the current selection highlighted might be an option, too, but might be harder to do than you think...

johnsan->thanks...

IP:

Karldar
posted May 24, 2001 07:32 PM            
Really cool, Dreamer. Had no trouble in Netscape or IE except for this message in a cortona console window that popped up when trying to view the landshark and the random weapons: "textcontainer[0] has no properties". I'm sure you already know about this, tho. I noticed as well that the liquid tanks tend to have a slightly pinkish hue, but they still look more grey to me than pink. Also, the fury shows up as a neon green color in both browsers. Intentional on your part, I suppose. Barring that, I really like the presentation of the site. I'd rather have less clicking, but it's still done very nicely. Great job(as usual)!

P.S. Remember this?

Mein Hut der hat drei Ecken,
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut...

Hehe-sometimes I still catch myself singin' that one.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Rex R
posted May 25, 2001 02:08 AM            
fraid I have to agree with others. looks to me that all of the 3-d models have a pink tinge to them. aside from that it looks to be shaping up nicely. BTW you're free to post the recon tank on your site

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 25, 2001 05:01 AM         
I knew there was some important mod that I had missed...

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 25, 2001 05:10 AM         
As for the fury, I might change that, but right now please consider it kind of a benchmark...

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 25, 2001 07:09 AM         
Included some of your suggestions a few minutes ago...

IP:

Rex R
posted May 25, 2001 12:26 PM            
heh I see that I need to send you the current skin for the recon

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 25, 2001 02:10 PM         
i despise the new skin...

IP:

JVortex
posted May 25, 2001 06:18 PM            
im not too fond of the new skin either. but then again im not all that impartial since i was the one who made the original skin

site is kickin @$$ Dreamer!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited May 25, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 25, 2001 06:56 PM         
JVortex->Thx, I hope it is... I'm still hoping to get that link from the main TM site some day...

I'm currently working on an HTML intro page and I'm trying to figure a way to persuade my database system to let me display as many entries as possible at once for each selected section, counting form the selected (usually "A") letter. That would combine both of peeeto's ideas, but might require a major rewrite.

Btw. I recommend using DirectX rather than OpenGL with Cortona, as it seems to have some issues (mainly transparency, clipping) with OpenGL. The Built-In software Renderer will NOT correctly display the site in most instances (apart form the fact that DirectX is a tiny bit faster than R98).

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 27, 2001 11:17 AM         
Official reopening day today. http://www.tmvr.de

IP: