|
Author Topic:   Question potentially regarding spewers.
Vlad
posted May 24, 2001 03:29 PM            
Two questions, actually. Let's say I've got a projectile, and I want it to just fizzle when it hits the ground, but when it hits a tank, I want it to do two things...

A) Generate a hit effect, like sparks or something.

B) Generate another projectile, but going in the EXACT SAME direction as the first one.

While even I know how to do A, doing B has got me stumped. Is there a variable that I missed somewhere that would allow me to transfer the direction of one projectile to another? Not only that, but then there's the issue of combining them. From what I've read, could it be possible with entitychains? I'm not quite sure how those work, though. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

IP:

JVortex
posted May 24, 2001 08:34 PM            
im not 100% sure, this is a something i need to figure out however on the next mod im starting to work on now. the way im going to try and do it is by using the DefaultVel parameter. in theory if you have the initial projectile explode for what ever reason then chain in another projectile with its default velocity set to like 40 or whatever then that should work. only problem with this approach is that if it hits the ground it will create another projectile, which will hit the ground.

depending on what you want to do you may have to try this with only the explohitent. hope that helps, but i think defaultvel will be the key for u.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted May 25, 2001 09:33 AM            
Well, according to the EEK, the DefaultVel parameter is for smoke and explo. Would it even be recognized if it was used in a projectile?

I tried using the LaunchInertia variable, but it appears to only really work when the weapon is being fired by a tank, and not the projectile being called by another projectile.

IP:

Vlad
posted May 25, 2001 09:55 AM            
Ok, I tried DefaultVel, nothing worked.

Here's another odd question, and it's actually about spewers. How do the numbers in the SpewMin and SpewMax variables translate to the effect of the spewer. All it says in the readme and in the EEK is something about the velocity bounding box, which isn't exactly clear.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 25, 2001 11:57 AM            
A) Use the exploent for when it hits the ground, use the exploenthit for when it hits a tank, tree, mesh, etc. For the sparks, take a look at the Laser in TM.

B) Exploenthit = projectile/...
Have the inertia (can't recall the exact name...example is the RGren's with high inertia) of the "projectile" set to high (100 for instance) and the mass set to whatever. But set its initial velocity to zero. However in some linkings you can use the velocity instead of the inertia factor (it depends on how its being linked...).
As for the accessing part A at this point, to a ChainEntity at that time from the projectile.

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 25, 2001 12:00 PM            
C) Spewers:
Spewmin is the mininum X,Y,Z (where Y is verticle) initial velocity or direction component.
Spewmax is the max X,Y,X initial velocity or direction component.

I'm saying the "or" because I don't know if it effects velocity or not. But it defines the direction mainly.

--RC

IP: