|
Author Topic:   Help!!!
A2597
posted May 19, 2001 07:03 PM            
I have this crazy weapon Idea, but I have one snag...
I want a large "object" to slowly fly over the level, the whole while dropping smaller....objects, that seek and destoy targets.
now, HOW do I make this object BIG is one concern, the main one however is how do I make it slowly fly high over the board dropping projectiles, WITHOUT coming down itself?

Thanks!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 19, 2001 07:32 PM            
A2597,

This is doable. First size is contolled by the scale function. Just have a line in your projectile as:

scale = A BIG NUMBER

Now, keeping the projectile aloft is relatively easy. just set the gravity to 0.
Also you should have it follow the ground :

FollowGround = A POSITIVE VALUE

Next, the tricky part, having it spew w/o disappearing. I suggest that you cause it to spew at least 2 objects: (1) itself (or another projectile wh/ looks just like it,) and (2) your ground-smashing projectile wh/ should have gravity.

If you wish to repeat this operation, you can do this in several ways. The easiest (but most inefficient) is just to have X number of projectiles and each one calls the next one. Thus proj.1 calls proj2, wh/ calls proj.3, etc...

The harder way is to allow your entities to chain (or spawn) themselves. Much harder to explain. I don't completely understand them; so I won't try.

I hope this helps.

--lb

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 19, 2001 07:43 PM            
And another thing...

You should make the launch coordinates in your weapon ENT global, by adding:

globalcoords = 1

Then, set the X, Y, Z, coordinates of your projectile with the appropriate numbers:

launchcoords = side-to-side, altitude, range

--lb

IP:

JL
posted May 19, 2001 08:25 PM            
You could put a projectile for the smoketrailent = parameter.
"smoketrailent = projectile\dirtball" is a good example.
Then use the "SmokeTrailTime =" parameter to set the time between smoke trail entity creations(default is 0.02).
To resize the mesh for a projectile use the "scalematrix = width, hieght, length" (default is one for each; W, H, and L (x,y and Z cordinates).

IP:

A2597
posted May 19, 2001 08:40 PM            
Ahhh, thanks!!!
now...to have some FUN!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: