|
Author Topic:   New Mod Idea
Errosive
posted May 17, 2001 04:04 PM            
Okay, I've got an idea for a couple of new mods, but because I'm no programmer, I'm not sure exactly where to start about making them. I could really use some help. My first Idea would be to have a single key stroke drop the weapin you currently have. Like if you have an avenger, and you stumble onto a nuke, you can drop the avenger and grab the nuke. Like I said, I'm not programmer, so if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, could I also get some help on creating a weapon that is a baby nuke. Not the full power of a nuke, but is really strong. Thanks.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 17, 2001 04:22 PM         
Dropping weapons won't be possible - LDA left that option out of the code intentionally.
About actually creating weapons - look through the threads in this forum, you'll find about everything you need in there.
For a start, I suggest looking through a few of the .ent files in the entities folders of your TM installation - many entries in them are very self-explaining, others should be found in the EEK (see one of the neighboring topics).

IP:

JVortex
posted May 17, 2001 09:53 PM            
The EEk is on my site at: http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/dloads/TM/other/EEK.zip

and i still want to convince LDA to put the drop weapon feature in there. anybody know why that feature was left out?

and i could reply to the "how to drop a weapon" the same way i got an answer when i asked that same question a while back:

quote:
the secret keystroke to drop a weapon is the space bar with the default keyboard setup... you may have to hit it a few times, though .

thanks peeeto, you were so much help to the newbie i was, lol .

as far as making a mini nuke the main things youll want to look at is scaling the nuke size down (or using a different model), damage, splash areas and probably guidance settings and timetolive. i know those may seem confusing, but after looking through some of your stock files (dont edit the stock files!) and looking thru the EEK they should make sense to ya.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted May 18, 2001 08:57 AM            
Dropping weapons was a design decision in the same way that not having vertical aiming was. It really teaches you to learn to use what you're given. That way, if you grab a plasma cannon, and you can't hit the broadside of a barn with it, and then something easier to use (like the flamethrower) spawns in front of your face, you've gotta use up that plasma cannon before you grab the new weapon. That way, you can't just sit at a spawn spot, dumping the weapons you don't like as soon as you get them, while getting new ones.

IP:

JVortex
posted May 18, 2001 01:39 PM            
ok, well i have to admit that thats a good point, i hadnt thought of it like that. it really would leave a mess of weaponry laying around huh? didnt i see somewhere that TM 2 was going to be supporting multiple weapons? i think i did, maybe im just hoping. if so then that could solve the drop weapons problem.

having an option to be able to drop weapons in single player wouldnt be bad tho. im sure everybody has done this: those times when youre just bored and needing something to do, u pop in the TM CD (or youre like me and it never leaves your drive! OK, so i have 2 CD Drives, but anyway) and just want to diddle away the time. youre not after a challenge, just want to "comp stomp" for a while. granted some people would get used to the drop weapons idea and it would screw them up in multiplayer, but such is life.

oh well, i think thats one feature we wont be seeing probably.

IP: