|
Author Topic:   Mod idea
coax
Administrator
posted May 17, 2001 02:40 PM            
I like the plasma shield but it could also be used as a weapon. Maybe make it be some sort of projectile initially and then it sorrounds your opponent. In this way your opponent get immobilized for like 15 seconds while you get in position to frag him.

Just an idea.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 17, 2001 07:31 PM            
Been there,...done that.

I have already made this mod. I call it a supernova. I shot a projectile which travels for 3 secs and then spews a growing shield w/ splash damage. I'll post it soon--right now my model sucks.

--lb

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 17, 2001 07:38 PM            
oh...and another thing,

I also modded the "immobilizer," wh/ launches a shell a la the mortar and spews a shield. Non-lethal, but annoying as hell. It also sucks up guided weapon hits. I'll release it soon too...

Also, I put a shield as the peashooter on a tank, the liquid evil actually. Also non-lethal w/o bolt-ons, but a b--ch to kill, and the shields can repel aversaries a good distance.

If you want it I can release this one. Just ask.

--lb

IP:

JVortex
posted May 17, 2001 10:02 PM            
i ask i ask! . i actually need a something like that for a tank im working on. RC knows the details on why i want it, heh. i would be making a new model and mesh for it tho, i just need a something that will immobilize tanks as a projectile.

this is one area of the modding that im still not all that good at. would there be a way to use a shieldish effect thing to stop a tank cold but have it not act as a shield? so that you could still damage the trapped tank? and also so that the trapped tank could still fire out of the shield (altho that isnt 100% necessary)?

i have a purpose and no its not a way buff and overbalanced one. mind if i use your files to adapt them for what im after?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 17, 2001 10:54 PM            
I'll e-mail you a .zip of the immobilizer.

--lb

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 18, 2001 01:14 PM            
Coax - you weren't on JL's server last night - I did that to Sailor with the Cluster Sheilds - twice in a row. He still killed me though

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 18, 2001 06:56 PM            
JV,

I just thought of how to impliment your permeable shield idea (altho' it excludes unusual tank types). B/c of the solid collision checking, you can't buid a single shield w/sniper holes, but you can build a shield composed of 2 meshes, a lower mesh to stop tanks on the ground, and a higher mesh to stop it flying off once it hits the other mesh. Next, separate the 2 meshes just enough to let a projectile from the turret pass through. Sort of a hemisphere cut in 2 along one of the tropics. I'll try it out to see if it works...

--lb

IP:

JVortex
posted May 18, 2001 09:22 PM            
oh i see, that would pretty much give a sniping ring around the circimfrance right? the agitation of the tank trapped in it would probably stop them from effectively shooting out, but it makes them a 1/2 way decent target for those on the outside.

i think?

IP: