|
Author Topic:   what do you think of this?
oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 01:38 PM            
i was bored one day so i decided to mess around with some tm files.I ended up creating a much better nuke than the poncey little one you get on treadmarks.If anyone wants to see how a REAL nuke should explode,send an email to odickie@hotmail.com.

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 15, 2001 03:05 PM            
I'd like to test it oli.

--lb

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 03:10 PM            
fair enough.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted May 15, 2001 03:35 PM            
Sure, I'll give it a shot, if you want.

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 04:15 PM            
can someone give me tips on how to make a better looking nuke?

and i got an idea for the nuke.Does anyone know how to make the nuke split off into 2 or more after firing to create a multiple nuclear bomb ---- maybe a bit like the MIRV missile?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 15, 2001 04:20 PM            
I'm going to start working on a proper mushroom cloud for a nuke...give me a few days - I'm quite busy right now, but I have a very good idea of how to do it.

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 04:25 PM            
that's a good idea for the nuke.Could you send me a finished copy of it please?

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 15, 2001 04:33 PM            
oli,

regarding the mirv nuke: All you need to do is to have your projectile end its lifespan and detonate spewing a entitychain of nuke projectiles.

In real terms that means creating a projectile ENT which calls a spewer ENT which spews an "entitychain" of nuke projectiles. All all other assoc. files and you have your weapon.

I hope this helps.

--lb

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 04:38 PM            
thanx for that.

IP:

JVortex
posted May 15, 2001 04:42 PM            
ill give it a shot, sure. and also there is already a "Tri-MIRV Nuke" available, just not widely available. granted there is some room for improvment with it. but it does detonate and then shoot off 3 more projectiles. its an old DVSDuke mod that some people have. i still need to go thru the entire DVS mod pack and strip out the individual mods in there... what a chore. i think theres like 12 or 15 weapons in there, maybe ill start on that one now.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 04:45 PM            
really?, sounds interesting. Send me it please if you ever get hold of it.

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 04:48 PM            
i got another question for everyone.What if you wanted the nuke standing vertically on the rear of a tank? how do you do that? im trying to make the nuke fire like a mortar at the moment to get a better effect.Any help would be appreciated.

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 15, 2001 05:01 PM            
oli,

2 things: Yes the Tri-Nukes do exist. They possess massive firepower...perhaps too much.

Secondly, getting a vertically launched weapon is relatively easy. In the weapon ENT merely change launchangle to say...-30 to -70 depending on speed and desired range. Look at the MRL as an example.

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 05:26 PM            
i can get the right launch angle, but what i need is a mounted nuke at the back of a tank which is vertical so it looks like it is being fired straight up

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 15, 2001 06:43 PM            
To do this you need to re-orient the .lwo mesh. To accomplish this end, you need a 3d modeller program. For reorientation almost any will work. I use 3d Exploration, but 3dWin, Anim8tor(which are free,) or MilkShake will do. Rotate the model -90 degrees along the X-axis and you're set. (All these progs. can be downloaded.)

Next, use Lithium's UVunwrapper and PaintShop or even the Bitmap editor on Windows to create the texture.

There's a little more to it but these are the basics. Good luck,
--lb

IP:

oli2808
posted May 15, 2001 07:00 PM            
thanx for your help byron - i'll try that out

IP:

JVortex
posted May 16, 2001 01:17 AM            
hey oli, if u need a hand on altering the mesh to a vertical one let me know and ill hook ya up.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 16, 2001 03:04 AM            
er yes dvsduke did do a 'tri-merv nuke' some time back. and I'm only now finding a glitch in one of the ents(this is in the dvsmod beta pak w/new models) error is in 'explosphere/Nuke5m3.ent' the type is wrong reads 'kamea' and should read 'Nuke5m3'. actually the name is a bit of a misnomer since it is really 4 nukes. sure makes a mess of the landscape

IP:

JVortex
posted May 16, 2001 04:56 AM            
well i went thru the DVS mod pack and have all the various weapons sorted out (22 weapons, 1 powerup and 6 tanks). after i get these bad boys tested to make sure that all the files actually work (more to the point that i extracted them right) ill start posting them on my site.

on the Tri-MIRV Nuke believe it or not Rex i DID find that glitch! all on my own even, heh. i was rather surprised i spotted it. and one other thing i noticed as well is that it you are very right on the name being missleading, it's not a "Tri-MIRV Nuke" at all. in reality its a "5 megaton Quad-MIRV Nuke". one hell of a bad a$$ piece of weaponry.

Rex, could you do something for me? i lost Dukes email addy; could you email him and ask if i can change the name on this one before release? I would like to call it "5 Megaton Tri-MIRV Nuke", even tho it is a quad-, the tri- prefix just sounds better, and i assume he picked that name for the same reason. either that or send me his email, either way.

and i STILL havent gotten around to trying this new nuke mod yet! ive been buisy tinkering around with other stuff. ill get to it here soon and give some feedback.

IP: