|
Author Topic:   Beta-testing Star Wars
lordbyron
posted May 07, 2001 10:37 PM            
So, I'm have collated the ENT files for relatively simple mod (for those with the Feb. 2001 mod pack) called the SDI Particle Projector or "Star Wars" which uses unseen satellites to blast others. Who wants to test it for me? The first 5 takers (besides YeahDecka, who gets it anyway) to e-mail me can test it and give me feedback.

Thanks,

--LB

IP:

Karldar
posted May 07, 2001 11:55 PM            
I'll give it a try if you like. I've got a couple days off this week and I'm just itchin' to play some more TM. Mods are (almost) always welcome.

Thanks, milord.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Vlad
posted May 08, 2001 12:10 AM            
Sure, I'll give it a shot. Sounds like a nifty weapon :-)

IP:

Rex R
posted May 08, 2001 02:18 AM            
I'ld like to see what sort of mod you,ve come up with. be warned I do tend to look for oversights and may have suggestions regarding game balance. address in profile is current. it is rather fun seeing what sort of imaginations ppl have

IP:

A2597
posted May 08, 2001 09:22 AM            
OHHHH!!! I'll test it out!! please send it to A2597@atlantic.net

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

oli2808
posted May 08, 2001 05:11 PM            
I'll test it please!

odickie@hotmailcom

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 08, 2001 05:41 PM            
I'd like to thank those who responded to my post. I received 5 requests. So, after they share their comments (and I make any necessary changes) I'll post the new mod and perhaps offer new ones to beta.

Thanks,
--LB

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 08, 2001 06:07 PM         
I'd be glad to host any mod you have at my site
It's still under construction, but if you haven't done so yet, you might want to have a look at it. Please go and get a VRML plugin first. I recommend Cortona.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited May 08, 2001).]

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 08, 2001 09:03 PM            
Thanks Dreamer...Once I've received feedback I'll take you up on your offer.

--LB

IP:

oli2808
posted May 09, 2001 01:24 PM            
AAAAAHHHHHHH CRAP!!!! the file you sent me Byron , didn't download properly when i tried to save it!!!!!! help!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted May 09, 2001 01:38 PM            
you may want to turn down the volume a tad(I find it a bit loud) and when you're through testing it would prolly be a good idea to reduce the 'weight' I would guess that 70 or so would be bout right

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 09, 2001 02:25 PM            
oli2808,

I've e-mailed a new version to you. Hope it works.

--lb

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 09, 2001 02:31 PM            
Oh...And thanks Rex, Kaldar, and esp. JVortex (I guess, I'll have to break out those explo files I've been saving?!) for your comments. They will help me considerably to clean up the mod.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 09, 2001 03:25 PM            
sorry should have specified; I meant the hit/eplo sound not the 'launch/fire' sound

IP:

JVortex
posted May 09, 2001 07:24 PM            
ya, that hit explo sound is a bit loud, its the original lobber sound which i have (i think) since turned down. the reload should probably be a bit longer as well. with that extra spawning effect on it it can easily take out 3 tanks who r fairly close to each other. because of that alone id agree that the weight should be about 60 to 70. overall pretty cool!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

YeahDecka
posted May 09, 2001 10:22 PM            
Hey nice work! I like how you used the spewers on it.

IP:

A2597
posted May 12, 2001 02:02 PM            
Tricky to use...I didn't get one frag with it! but those AI's got over twenty combined...so I must of done SOMETHING wrong with it... looks neat, though it needs a different sound IMHO.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Rex R
posted May 12, 2001 03:03 PM            
what ever you do don't fire this weapon when; on the moon and a tank has just spawned over you(unless you have a deathwish). and a weight of 70 works out well

IP:

JVortex
posted May 13, 2001 03:57 AM            
OK, LB has givin this the final release go ahead and its currently up and posted on my site for all who want it!
www.bzrpg.com

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP: